"Oil canning" noise in the roof - MG5 EV

EVdriver

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi,

I am having problems with my MC5EV. The roof panel is "oil canning". It clunks when ever the body is stressed - going over the merest bump in the road or even when making turns.
MG UK came up with a fix of putting sound deadening foam behind the roof lining. This was done by the dealership but failed after about 10 miles! The car was next taken back to Longbridge where the same fix was applied. This one lasted about 60 miles!
MG UK have admitted that they have found two other cars in the UK fleet with the same problem. What has not been disclosed is just what happened to those cars. Mine is just over a year old and has 2454 miles on the clock - a lot of that has been back and forth to the dealership and test driving by the dealership and by MGUK.
Does anyone else know of this problem?

Reject the car, the law is on your side. Every manufacturer occasionally makes a lemon and there's no reason for you to put up with an acknowledged fault that MG are unable to fix.

Just about to do that. I was hoping to hear from the other two cases that MGUK have admitted to existing in the UK.

You might get more chance of a response if a Mod moves this into the main section of the EV5 forum as this isn't really a modification.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom