Ok! We did it, we ordered our MG4. NOW CANCELLED

memo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
After our 2 test drives in Valencia and Alicante, we really liked the MG4.
So after MUCH discussion we have ordered our Luxury Fizzy orange with a grey/white interior.

Will be our first EV and indeed my first brand new car having always bought 2 to 3 year old cars and then kept them for 10 years or more.

But decided time was right for many reasons here in spain and for me the reasons added up to make a new car this time worthwhile. Now just got to wait for it to come.

Ian

Yes I know. We sat in them and Ana said to me "Es tan monótono y como una tumba aquí" (It's so monotonous and like a tomb/grave in here) so first thing was what other colour interior do you have. Luckily here in Spain we have the grey/white dual tone option

Last edited:
Yes I know. We sat in them and Ana said to me "Es tan monótono y como una tumba aquí" (It's so monotonous and like a tomb/grave in here) so first thing was what other colour interior do you have. Luckily here in Spain we have the grey/white dual tone option
Hi. Congratulations on the order.

I would like that grey/white interior too.

One You Tube reviewer commented on how dark it was inside the car.

Are any owners thinking the same?

Hi. Congratulations on the order.

I would like that grey/white interior too.

One You Tube reviewer commented on how dark it was inside the car.

Are any owners thinking the same?
Yes Ana would DEFinately agree with the youtuber on that, so much so, that i do not think we would have ordered it (even as all the other reasons to, added up as they did) if we didn't have the option of the grey/white here in Spain. Unfortunately you do not, in the UK seem to have that option, which i find strange.

Yes Ana would DEFinately agree with the youtuber on that, so much so, that i do not think we would have ordered it (even as all the other reasons to, added up as they did) if we didn't have the option of the grey/white here in Spain. Unfortunately you do not, in the UK seem to have that option, which i find strange.
Do you have a sunroof option out of curiosity?

No we do not have a sunroof option here in Spain.

just an aside! I had a sunroof on 2 of my previous cars here in spain (they just came with the car) Never once used them, in fact we kept them covered to keep the sun out I like to keep all the windows etc closed and just use the AC as it can get kind of hot here.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our dealer has just told us that he is receiving the cars from Septembers orders, so he thinks ours will probable arrive end of march/begining of April.

Not long to wait.

Just gives us enought time to get the 3 olive trees move to another part of the land (this week hopefully) and prepare the parking and charging area for it.

Last edited:
Our dealer has just told us that he is receiving the cars from Septembers orders, so he thinks ours will probable arrive end of march/begining of April.

Not long to wait.

Just gives us enought time to get the 3 olive trees move to another part of the land (this week hopefully) and prepare the parking and charging area for it.
Now you'll have to share pics of the space!

Now you'll have to share pics of the space!

IMG_20230213_184511.jpg

IMG_20230213_184615.jpg

There ya go. Tomorrow I will get the chain saw out and prune them hard for the transplant.

Last edited:
what a change so far!

there is a lot of potential there with the space. would love if you posted the end result.

(I don't have a driveway so I'll need to live vicariously through you :))

Last edited:
As the cars are all made in China, does anyone know why we can't all have the same choices ?
Each markets respective head office decides the trim levels appropriate and will look at cost effectiveness, RHD market is limited for MG in comparison to LHD, so make sense to limit RHD choices in terms of aesthetics.

Technical spec differences are more based on certain criteria, 1ph charging on SR being that most of UK is higher current 1ph supplies in comparison to EU. No heatpump UK has milder winters than most of the EU.

As the cars are all made in China, does anyone know why we can't all have the same choices ?
The slight market differences are annoying. Glass roof in China, lighter interior choices on the continent .....on the plus side, in 20 years time, added geekery at car shows and you'll have the inside track.

Each markets respective head office decides the trim levels appropriate and will look at cost effectiveness, RHD market is limited for MG in comparison to LHD, so make sense to limit RHD choices in terms of aesthetics.

Technical spec differences are more based on certain criteria, 1ph charging on SR being that most of UK is higher current 1ph supplies in comparison to EU. No heatpump UK has milder winters than most of the EU.
I see what you are saying, but i'm struggling with the impact on cost effectiveness on seat coverings between left & right hand drive. So not the actual seat, just the covering & colours ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back