Fiver

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Well, I’ve been driving my Pre-FL LR MG5 for a month now.

The 3 pin charger is working well and certainly keeps the battery at around 70% easily. I’ve driven nearly 700 miles without an issue. I did get the 70,000 mile service done at a cost of £230.00 which included the replacement of two rear number plate lights that has blown. The BMW dealer would have charge £230 just to replace the bulbs !!!

I have allowed the car to charge to 100% and left it to allow “balancing”, a new concept that I picked up from the forum.

Other than that, the car has exceeded all my expectations. It drives very well and is a quiet place to be in.

I thought I would be posting up loads of questions, but everything seems straight forward. In fact the lack of any problems has left me to post up the odd joke now and then on the forum :)

Here’s hoping month 2 is as uneventful.

70,000 mile service ? Already ?
I purchased it as a used car. I could not afford the cost of a new EV.

Even a new Mokka with a 50kWh battery that Vauxhall are selling for £22k was way over my budget:)

The service reported battery degradation at 2%. It was an expensive service apparently because they replaced some of the fluids in the car. I think this included the brake fluid.

They also did a software update related to the brake lights and regen.

It drives like a new car with no issues. I’ve always purchased high mileage cars to keep costs down. The MG5 has proved a revelation to me as a used car. If all EVs are like this then purchasing a used EV has to be the way to go to save money, on the initial cost, running costs and servicing costs.

Fair enough. I only queried the figure because my used 5 is almost 2 years old with 20k on the clock .

I would guess business use (private hire most likely). Mine will hit 30,000 next week. And be a week shy of 2 years old and I just use it for commuting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom