One pedal drive mode issue @100%

Draggan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, my trophy long range has recently decided it does not want me to select one pedal drive which is a pity as I like it. Have tried at start of journey middle and end but no joy. I always get the same message which says ‘unavailable, low charge power’ Anyone got any ideas how I can resolve please. Could not find a previous thread to cover and think I am on r36 and got it in September so latest version. Thanks for any advice and I am at 100 percent which was the only solution I could see previously suggested.

Being at 100%. Charge will prevent you from using OPD. The way it’s implemented in the mg4 means OPD requires a good amount of space in the battery to work

I had this and mentioned it when the car went in for an ongoing emergency call fault issue. The tech. explained to reception staff that it was normal and why - probably just as fnegroni says above. For me it happened as low as 75% charge which is surprising.

However they did 9 updates to try and fix the other issue (not fixed) and since then I've been using OPD with no problem from at least 90% charged. I don't know if the updates are connected.

Ahh cheers everyone, I have obviously seen the warning and transposed onto the comments I read. In reality though it never works now even below 75 percent so sounds like a visit to my friendly dealer for a cup of tea could be in order. Got to be honest no idea why you need less charge to implement a capability but I am no engineer.

Having come from a Tesla, where OPD was on by default, I can confirm that at high states of charge even that had to ‘coast’ as there was nowhere for any generated energy to be stored. Once the state of charge drops to a suitable level, OPD should be available again.

Where do you engage OPD? Didn't think it was a feature.
It's in either the Driving or MG Pilot tab after pressing the Car icon on the screen ... IF you have a MY23 car (the one with the rear wiper); if you have a MY22 car (no rear wiper) then OPD isn't available.

You absolutely do not have a 22 plate MG4 - unless you got yours in August '22, which I have my doubts about. First deliveries in the UK were September '22 I thought, so a 72 plate. (Mine was November '22 so a 72 plate - it's date of manufacture was 28-Aug-22). :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back