One Pedal Driving, how to use?

Why wouldn't it? This isn't about imitating what ICE do, it is just about giving people choices.
Exactly. And that's why you have the choice to use OPD or not.

By the way, you don't replace two pedals with one. The brake pedal is still used when it is really needed.

I wonder if there is anyone on this forum who loves OPD and couldn't stand to buy a car without that option? The main reason I am considering replacing my Leaf with the MG4 is OPD. Without OPD, I would probably look elsewhere.

Exactly. And that's why you have the choice to use OPD or not.

By the way, you don't replace two pedals with one. The brake pedal is still used when it is really needed.

I wonder if there is anyone on this forum who loves OPD and couldn't stand to buy a car without that option? The main reason I am considering replacing my Leaf with the MG4 is OPD. Without OPD, I would probably look elsewhere.
I have OPD in my 4 and have also used it in my daughters Leaf (She always uses it). Dont like it and wont be using it.

It all depends on how smooth the accelerator movement is: both the mechanical pedal and your right foot control.
I generally prefer less regen for smoother driving. Especially when using TJA: either regen 1 or adaptive.
On motorway I prefer adaptive. Makes it less stressful in controlling the accelerator.
Stiction (a made up word used by weight lifting bods) is what I am talking about: when you make a movement that requires fine adjustment but uses some force or extended control, the combination of friction and play in the mechanical machine or in this case the accelerator pedal, and your joint, in this case your ankle, cause the movement to be jerky and less controlled compared to a slightly faster movement.
Basically every single person will have a different experience

Am I correct that this is an option to turn on or not in the option of Phase 2 cars. So its not hard baked and forced to use only an option anyway?

Am I correct that this is an option to turn on or not in the option of Phase 2 cars. So its not hard baked and forced to use only an option anyway?
Yes, it is an option and not the default on startup. My car always defaults to Normal mode and High Regen at startup. I don't use it on A roads / motorway driving but like it around town and local roads.

Yes, it is an option and not the default on startup. My car always defaults to Normal mode and High Regen at startup. I don't use it on A roads / motorway driving but like it around town and local roads.
Thanks for confirming,
So its not really a discussion, of course I want it available on my car then just use it when/if you want, there's no down side.
When using it for 1st few times if it felt alien then revert back to normal. Sure it just a new mindset on changing of driving style which might be better in long run might not.

At least "Viking" agrees with me (although I don't agree with everything he says there):

;)
In my Leaf I can easily set the level of recuperation, including "virtual" N mode (by pressing the accelerator pedal just so that there is no recuperation and no engine power).

I have the updated version with OPD. I really like it but I don't use it because it's not available all the time.....I would be afraid that I'd get used to it and possibly crash when it wasn't available. Plus the fact that you cannot save your settings is ridiculous. I've decided to use the car in default settings mode as I can't be bothered changing stuff every time I get in.

I tried the OPD and it's not for me! Set my regen to high and the car slows down great.. can't see the point of it! My brother has a Tesla and he uses one pedal all the time...

I exclusively use OPD as I find it makes driving so much more comfortable. The one thing I hate though, and honestly this is really dangerous, is that the car resets it to off for every drive. So I'll be expecting the car to come to a stop, but it keeps going. I really hope this is addressed in an update.

Interesting replies, thank you. I’ve tried OPD a couple of times, but think I’ll stick with One and a Half pedals for the time being!!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back