One tap windows roll

BingBong

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, the MG4 trophy have one tap window up/down? I know that the windows don't close automatically on lock and it's a little disappointing.

Tap (or lightly press) the switch to open or close slightly, press the switch fully down or pull fully up to open or close fully.
All 4 windows on the Trophy and I believe just the driver's window on the SE.

Last edited:
I've not tested on the MG but my 4 previous cars, all different makes, had the feature if you hold the lock button on fob for 10secs or so it will close all windows same to open all windows if you hold the unlock. Would be very likely MG does this too

It is also quite easy to accidentally drop them a bit by touching the arm rest. One of my passengers is a regular culprit !! Worth checking they are all fully up before a wash or high speed drive IMHO 😁👍.

I've not tested on the MG but my 4 previous cars, all different makes, had the feature if you hold the lock button on fob for 10secs or so it will close all windows same to open all windows if you hold the unlock. Would be very likely MG does this too
I hoped MG did global opening/closing too when holding down the lock or unlock button but as ever another "design feature" fails to meet expectations.
In short holding down the open/close button on the keyfob doesn't open or close the windows.

I'm quite glad the windows don't close automatically on locking. Leaving windows cracked is recommended if you are leaving a pet in the car.

Don't do that at all on a hot or sunny day of course.
They sell it in my country as aftermarket product. They could let us choose from the infotainment like at BYD.

Only on the MG5. The original Exclusive has it I assume the LR Trophy possibly does.

I'm sure I found a video on YouTube the other day where they were able to code the windows to lock/unlock with the key on the MG4. Maybe MG will update this for everyone one day.

edit: found it:

I'm sure I found a video on YouTube the other day where they were able to code the windows to lock/unlock with the key on the MG4. Maybe MG will update this for everyone one day.

edit: found it:

But you have to buy their OBD2 adapter, it's very expensive and the global windows feature is all it does for the MG4.

I had it on my previous car, a Vauxhall Mokka-e. Several times, I’d come back to the car, only to find all of the windows fully open because something had accidentally pressed on the button in my pocket or on worktop where the key was left. It was an absolute nightmare and one of the main reasons why I got rid of that car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 527 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back