Ooh, Goth Leo is due a software update

QLeo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Just to let the hive mind here know I phoned the local (well, 100 miles away is local around here) dealer from whom we bought Goth Leo 3 months ago, to make sure that some annoying error messages have been logged. Nothing excessive, problematic or frequent, and nothing folk here don't know about - autohold, traffic sign recognition and ecall faults - but I thought it worth logging these reasonably early. The cheery and helpful person on the other side said "I'll just check to see if there is a recall or a software update due for your car" and then confirmed that, yes, an update was due. So we have Goth Leo booked in for the end of the month, and a couple of hours enforced shopping in Inverness. Wish us luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted my dealer about the undertray and the aircon noise, and was told the same thing. Different battery though, so I don't know if it's the same update. Caliban went in on Monday and was picked up on Tuesday. Anyway, they claim to have refitted the undertray, although I haven't yet crawled underneath to see how well they managed to fix it. Their story was that if you can hear the aircon from inside the car then there's a fault, but an unalarming sound that's only heard outside the car is normal, because there's no soundproofing to the outside.

They gave my a load of paperwork about having done a software update to the battery management system. Given the stories on the forum I immediately tried the car on a CCS charger just to make sure, and it charged as normal. I'm swithering about taking a trip down the road to Abington to try it on a motorway Gridserve just to be sure, because I'm heading for Sussex in a couple of weeks.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back