Ora Cat would you consider

Not to my liking in terms of style. Would like to see an established dealer/service network before choosing them. Price looks good though.

It will gain some interest for sure but I also think the dealer and service network is crucial.

I can see it being popular car, partly down to the pricing level.
But the GT concept is a little strange ?.
It is running on the same specs and producing the very same figures as the "Family Shopper ?".
How odd is that !.
The body styling both front & back is a little like the Gen1 Nissan Leaf.
It looks fairly roomie inside, but the boot space is really small.
The rear parcel shelf cover is smaller than the one in my wife's Fiat 500.
It's not for me to be honest.

Lets hope they don't adopt the same solution Daewoo did with the Nexia :LOL:

Once I got past the presenter's sleeves, the car seems impressive for the price. Something like this could be very successful for the price and, like others have said, dealer support. Look forward to a road test report!

Once I got past the presenter's sleeves, the car seems impressive for the price. Something like this could be very successful for the price and, like others have said, dealer support. Look forward to a road test report!
I agree price is good for what you get, but this retails for $16000 (£11600) in China, I know there are shipping costs and vat at approx £2320, so its a very hefty mark up for the UK market.

I agree price is good for what you get, but this retails for $16000 (£11600) in China, I know there are shipping costs and vat at approx £2320, so its a very hefty mark up for the UK market.
Shipping costs, plus VAT at 20% and is there any import duty ? There used to be a new car tax as well does that still exist ?

Shipping costs, plus VAT at 20% and is there any import duty ? There used to be a new car tax as well does that still exist ?
I don't about those ,but still the car is more than double the Chinese price.

Dan Sun bought his ZS ev standard range in Shanghai for less than £13,000 so markup on those very similar it seems.

Dan Sun bought his ZS ev standard range in Shanghai for less than £13,000 so markup on those very similar it seems.
When I bought my zs ev exclusive, the dealer had paid £18000 for it, I got it just shy of £22000, so to buy it at retail price would be £12000 profit

IMO they should have kept it under £20k to encourage transition from ICE to EVs.

I have been thinking about (but never be able to afford) the benefit of having a smaller cheaper EV for my wife when she drops the kids off at nursery. Something a bit smaller so she can find space. This sort of looked like it could fit two Isofix in the back without crushing the kids.

But she's not a fan of cars that aim for women, she likes cars to look a little meaner 🙃

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom