Order books are open!

I ordered the same last week! I am very temped by the Trophy though.
Had to visit MG dealer this morning, MG5 has a faulty cabin fan bearing (very grindy noise like a pair of old Jacko Rollerskates). Could be a blockage but doubt it. If confirmed they will order parts so could be a while before fixed, but its usable. Got MG3 courtesy car today. Fun playing with manual ICE after 6 years of auto and EV.

However, whilst there I went and ordered a white MG4 Trophy with a refundable £500 deposit (yes not the hoped for £99 but acceptable). That gets me an invite to the Launch and short test drive mid Sept and an extended test drive later. I am their first order so they were genuinly excited. I had the Manager and 3 sales guys all going through the process so they can get experience. Bit like being in Hospital when the consultant does his rounds with the students. Great fun.

Subject to satisfactory test drive and PCP hitting quoted figures, delivery October 2022 expected but not holding my breath. Keep you posted.
:older_man:

I ordered the LR Trophy in blue yesterday from Chorley group. Quite a distance from my home but they appear to be 'well connected' and get many cars. Only ordered the ZS 4 months ago but no information from Reads in Grimsby unless I go in and see them. I'll cancel their order after a test drive if I'm happy. It'll probably arrive before the ZS anyway.

ooh!
I Wonder when the lease companies are going to get pricing details ?
I think MG will adopt a cautious approach here !.
Look what happened to the lease companies on the ZS EV Gen 2 model !.
High demand and short supply, left the dealers supplying their own customer orders first.
I anticipate a similar situation with the MG4 where dealer customers will take priority.

I refer you to my earlier post . I am not sure that legally dealers or manufacturers are allowed to prioritise .
They can, of course refuse the business as a couple of my dealerships did in my time in the trade. But having accepted an order a customer was a customer.
There's so little margin that it really doesn't make a whole load of difference. And actually if you can get a fleet deal and not be a "fleet dealer " it can be a good thing>
I remember private customers saying "you've got at least 20-25% margin in these cars" Ha ha! 5% was the norm. And that was pre vat, delivery, pdi etc. Negotiation was hard then, is practically impossible now. Dealers make more money out of "back end" agreements with manufacturers such as model mixes in showrooms and demo fleets. Making sure your displays are up to scratch etc etc than they do out of selling the cars.
I've been out of the trade for a while but I have still have friends in it and as far as I'm aware not a lot has changed as far as this sort of stuff is concerned since i left. Blimey what with global supply difficulties, wars, brexit etc. I'm glad I'm out!

I am not doubting your word, but ask yourself this question.
How many lease companies have been supplied with the ZS EV Gen2 models yet ?.
Compare this to the sort supply number of cars supplied by MG main dealers, to their customers.
Enough said !.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen or hasn't happened .
I'm just saying that to, in effect penalise customers who have chosen to finance their car a different way is suspect.
It's like the discount for cash days all over again! Lol

Spoke with dealer earlier today.

Their stock allocation is four vehicles in September, with a further 5 to follow by December.

They have been told that they are required to register one for a demo and one for display. They have not been informed on what spec levels or colours of any of the four cars they will be allocated.

Once they arrive I will have the choice of four vehicles. I wish to order the Trophy Orange, but will consider any colour as long as it is the Trophy and it is not Blue or Black.

So feeling rather upbeat I will have the 4 by the end of September.

Although I bet you now, they will get. 2 x Trophy’s and one will be. Black and one will be blue!

So when do other dealers find out about their allocation?
Would imagine soon, if not already, now that the cars are in the country. guessing MG are looking at the “Bun-Fight” Miles described on the Podcast, for the larger dealerships out there.

Call your nearest (or preferred) dealer and let us know what they say. 👍

Would love to know if anyone has ordered this through the Costco Auto scheme. It's on their list, but I can't imagine there'd be too much off.

Ordered my Trophy today. Dealer said that orders placed in August would have guaranteed deliveries in 2022 unless there was particularly heavy demand for specific colours in which case delivery would be by end Q1 2023.

Demo car is due in 3 weeks.

No finance info yet. And no brochure yet.

Funny way to launch a brand new model with no showroom or test cars, no brochure and no finance info

Don't think there are too many car makers that have printed brochures anymore, it's all online these days.
The marketing relies on online forums, social media and YouTube videos now...build the hype and desirability and in the MG4's case seal the deal with mega cheap prices.

Ordered my Trophy today. Dealer said that orders placed in August would have guaranteed deliveries in 2022 unless there was particularly heavy demand for specific colours in which case delivery would be by end Q1 2023.

Demo car is due in 3 weeks.

No finance info yet. And no brochure yet.

Funny way to launch a brand new model with no showroom or test cars, no brochure and no finance info
I just think MG like to get their cars to market as quickly as possible to try and get an advantage over BYD, Ora and no doubt other Chinese brands that want to launch in the next year

MG must be rapidly pleasuring themselves over the hype generated by the imminent launch of the MG4.

Not heard, read or seen a bad review yet.

Very clear the roll out has been at the expense of fulfilling ZS EV orders and facelift MG5 Orders.

I, like many, have switched to the MG4, the cynic in me feels this was the plan all along. Still, that may well be a good thing for the people who really need/want an SUV, should lessen the demand for the ZS, thus enabling them to smash out the backlog, before the reboot on the modular platform (suspect late 2023, early 2024.

Ordered a Trophy LR in Camden Grey… should be delivered mid September.
I was told that for the first orders arriving this year, MG have “manufacturer professionally” pre-treated the paintwork, it will have car mats, and a type 2 charging cable also - all for an extra £498. Apparently it is not optional, but I probably would have paid for paint protection at a local dealer, and I need a type 2 cable to charge at work for free. And I always buy mats so 🤷‍♂️ Was happy to pay the extra.

I was told that for the first orders arriving this year, MG have “manufacturer professionally” pre-treated the paintwork, it will have car mats, and a type 2 charging cable also - all for an extra £498. Apparently it is not optional, but I probably would have paid for paint protection at a local dealer, and I need a type 2 cable to charge at work for free. And I always buy mats so 🤷‍♂️ Was happy to pay the extra.
Hi, well done on getting your order in. That is the first time that I have read about the extras not being an option so to speak. Does it still have the 'granny' and what about mud flaps?

My dealer has two Trophy LR’s in Volcano Orange arriving in 3 weeks. One of them is mine. I spoke with them this morning and he knew nothing of any “manufacturer” treatment that was not optional. He did offer the Supaguard (which I won’t be having) at £400. Are they pulling a fast one here you think?

My dealer has two Trophy LR’s in Volcano Orange arriving in 3 weeks. One of them is mine. I spoke with them this morning and he knew nothing of any “manufacturer” treatment that was not optional. He did offer the Supaguard (which I won’t be having) at £400. Are they pulling a fast one here you think?
For around £300 you can get front colour coded sensors, which my dealer offers using a known local company, so with that, i too would take a pass on the super guard.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back