Ordered today, PHEV Exclusive.

ajw1100

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
After much deliberation I ordered my HS PHEV Exclusive today, I wanted it in dark blue, which, on one brochure is listed as 'Brixton' Blue, and the online brochure as 'Holborn' Blue. However a call from the dealer to MG confirmed the only colours available to order were Black, White, Pearl White or the Pale 'Pimlico' Blue.
The dealer has a cracking deal if ordered this month and so we have ordered a Pearl White model with the proviso that should MG reintroduce the Dark Blue they will order that in place of the Pearl White one which was my second choice anyway.
Delivery was end Nov or Dec for Pearl or maybe Jan for Dark Blue, that will be fine as it will then be a 22 model and my preferred colour.

According to some dealers Pimlico blue has been dropped for 2022 (to be replaced with a different shade) however I note you haven’t referred to the red? Holborn blue was never available on the PHEV.
Which colour interior have you chosen?

Last edited:
Pimlico Blue I thought was rather insipid, the red was a thought but reminded me of the Mazda CX5.
Interior was black, I had a sports car with red leather seats, marked too easily and faded too quickly.
I would have preferred the light headlining but was advised that the Exclusive came with black and the Excite with the light headlining. However the OSV review on YouTube seems to have light on their Exclusive. I suppose it's a case of fit what you've got on hand!

My HS PHEV Exclusive in Pimlico Blue has the light headlining and sunroof blind.

The black leather comes with the white roof lining, the red/black leather comes with black headlining. I find too few MG sales are remotely knowledgeable about the cars they are selling. I agree the Pimlico blue is insipid although the red similarity with CX5 is a bonus to me and initially was our preferred colour. What I do find disappointing is some colours avsilable sur le continent are not offered in the UK. Such as grey metallic.

The dealer said that the Dark Blue may be available in Jan 22, maybe just said that to keep me happy!
The Pearl White looks better than the Pimlico in my opinion.....

My Whovian partner wanted a tardis blue, thank goodness they don't do one :) I have to admit I really like the red and I have had lots of complements about the colour. Obviously I am not objective, but when I see it parked in a car park full of cars I really do like the aesthetics of MG design compared to most, and especially for the price. We did consider the red interior, but I am happy we opted for the black.

I had a silver car for 13 years and damn it was a mission to find in the supermarket carpark, yes i'm quite forgetful. I vowed never to buy a neutral colour again, so no, blue/black or silver. I went for red although 2nd choice was white.

My understanding is they are phasing out the pimlico blue and also the current red and replacing with a different shade. I'm not sure what blue say maybe the sarker one someone mentioned. But I have been told the current red will be replaced by an even darker red

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom