OVMS and MG5

ensmith007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Bristol
Driving
MG5 EV
Hi all,

Has anyone had any success with OVMS and the MG5 please? Struggling to find the firmware.

Many thanks

John
Hi. I’d suggest watching last weeks podcast where this is discussed in detail. MG5 development is early days and not much data is available. The OVMS website mentioned is pretty useful for the latest info too.

Cyberstitch

Novice Member
Reaction score
Barnard Castle
Driving
MG5 EV
Hi. I’d suggest watching last weeks podcast where this is discussed in detail. MG5 development is early days and not much data is available. The OVMS website mentioned is pretty useful for the latest info too.
Thank you. which podcast please? (found :))

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aldershot, England
Driving
MG5 EV
My OVMS kit arrived this week and spent some time today configuring it.

I have the box itself connected to the server and the latest firmware downloaded and installed.

however I have not been successful in configuring the iPhone app to connect to the European server. Have created a New car but cannot see the server details page and confirm that I have logged in.

any ideas how to set the new car details configured ?

Cyberstitch

Novice Member
Reaction score
Barnard Castle
Driving
MG5 EV
My OVMS kit arrived this week and spent some time today configuring it.

I have the box itself connected to the server and the latest firmware downloaded and installed.

however I have not been successful in configuring the iPhone app to connect to the European server. Have created a New car but cannot see the server details page and confirm that I have logged in.

any ideas how to set the new car details configured ?
Hi Tom. I have exactly the same issue - briefly, I have the 12v showing but now zip. So watching... FWIW I think it's best to stand by anyways as it does nothing for us at this stage.

ensmith007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Bristol
Driving
MG5 EV

Reaction score
Kettering
Driving
Not an MG
To use iOS I had to register with openvehicles.com, the other server, Asia or is it Anericas? That works fine with my ZS EV.

Reaction score
Kettering
Driving
Not an MG
You need to join the slack group where you may be able to get hold of a very beta beta firmware for the MG5.

I have no idea how to share the group details but it is called MG EV Hackers.
@mikeRES ?

jgpev

Reaction score
London
Driving
MG5 EV
Is there a way to be invited to the slack group? It seems to want me to already be a member...

I'm getting my MG5 later this month and trying to see if it makes sense to get OVMS for it as well.

nmhampson

Standard Member
Reaction score
Torquay
Driving
MG5 EV
Is there a way to be invited to the slack group? It seems to want me to already be a member...

I'm getting my MG5 later this month and trying to see if it makes sense to get OVMS for it as well.
Ditto for me too please

Thanks in advance

5KWh

Novice Member
Reaction score
carlisle. uk
Driving
MG5 EV
Hi have followed the MG5 OVMS thread for a while. Got my MG5 long range last month. 800 miles in and super impressed. I’m very interested in purchasing a OVMS module but currently struggling to find vehicle specific firmware. Have things progressed ?

Don’t seem able to join / access the slack group. Any help appreciated.

backlinemark

Novice Member
Reaction score
London
Driving
MG5 EV
Hello.
Is there any update on the OVMS for MG5ev? I really want to get this for mine but not before it is working.

Thanks
Mark

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG ZS EV delivery updates and MG5 refresh review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom