Oxygen sensor

SusanT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi All, I've had my PHEV since Feb 2022 and lately ( 3 times in last 4 months) I have had an engine fault display on the dash. The previous 2 times the dealer has said it is the oxygen sensor. The second time they swapped the sensors around to see what would happen. The same warning has just happened for the 3rd time today. I have to take it back AGAIN to be looked at. Not being mechanically minded I'm wondering why it would take 3 warnings and losing my car for a day each time in the workshop to work this out. The second time they told me I am probably not using it in petrol mode enough. The 63 km I get from a charge does me most days and I only use petrol mode on longer trips (not very often). The whole point of me buying this car was to use electric mode most of the time. After the advice they gave me I have used the car in petrol mode once per week. Does anyone have any knowledge of this issue and can enlighten me on what I could be doing wrong or to fix it?? Love the car generally BUT!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom