Paint chips

tomsimmons

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Finally decided it was time to clean the car having been away for Christmas, 800 miles of motorway grime!

I was rather upset to discover several marks in the paint (Piccadilly blue) that are through to the white (?) under layer on the bonnet.

In all the cars I have owned I don't recall so many chips appearing in the total ownership, let alone the 6 months I've had this car. Has anyone else been surprised by an apparent weakness in the paint?

Tom

My car is coming up to 7 months old and no stone chips at all so far 🤞

I'd expect a few stone chips in 800 miles of motorway use. 😐

Finally decided it was time to clean the car having been away for Christmas, 800 miles of motorway grime!

I was rather upset to discover several marks in the paint (Piccadilly blue) that are through to the white (?) under layer on the bonnet.

In all the cars I have owned I don't recall so many chips appearing in the total ownership, let alone the 6 months I've had this car. Has anyone else been surprised by an apparent weakness in the paint?

Tom
Hi Tom
I had my car about a month when I posted on 11 th Dec I had three separate clusters of chips but to be honest I don’t know how I got them.
I can’t see there being a claim against warranty but have a look at pictures I posted then.

Tom

Hi Tom
I had my car about a month when I posted on 11 th Dec I had three separate clusters of chips but to be honest I don’t know how I got them.
I can’t see there being a claim against warranty but have a look at pictures I posted then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom