Paint scratch on the matte green

firstMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Notice the scratch on the rear left corner, I suspect it is from the traffic cone my work place uses to reserve parking space for electric cars.

It is fairly light scratch, not very visiable from a distance. Should this be protected by GardX? the sales woman told me GardX should protect from a light scratch.

Anyone has any ideas to repair this?
20240310_170227.jpg

IMO your either going to have to live with it or get it resprayed.

With that in mind, if I was planning a smart repair I would have a go at trying to polish it out, then use something like isopropol alcohol to remove the polish residue and see how it looks.

Matte paint is not as forgiving as a clear coat to remove light scratches and could end up looking worse.

I've recently got myself some touch in paint from 'Mad Paints' and am very pleased with it.
It dries to the exact colour of my car.
(Matte Green)

Last edited:
GardX wont stop scratches or stone chipping from happening unfortunately and you cant really polish matte paint either so will likely be a smart repair

IMO your either going to have to live with it or get it resprayed.

With that in mind, if I was planning a smart repair I would have a go at trying to polish it out, then use something like isopropol alcohol to remove the polish residue and see how it looks.

Matte paint is not as forgiving as a clear coat to remove light scratches and could end up looking worse.

I've recently got myself some touch in paint from 'Mad Paints' and am very pleased with it.
It dries to the exact colour of my car.
(Matte Green)

did you have to use to alcohol to remove the polish? or just let the 'mad paints' to dry?

I got a slightly worse scratch than that on the wheel arch and paid to have it done professionally. It half-choked me but the car is pristine otherwise.

I'd try rubbing it with a microfibre cloth and a strong solution of whatever you wash your car with to remove the dust from the scratches and see what it looks like.

My mg4 got scratches - my car is black. If someone is buying a new Mg4 please look at it in sunlight and take a chamois with you before you sign for it. Please, all the same, I may have to go get my car mopped to get scratches out.

No, my car is a 2023 from new, not like this car. All cars from new come like my car from mg4, like my car. Just have a look, that’s what you get when you pay £32,500.

No, my car is a 2023 from new, not like this car. All cars from new come like my car from mg4, like my car. Just have a look, that’s what you get when you pay £32,500.
But thats your supplying dealer’s preparation, nothing to do with MG. Plus black and dark cars are notorious for showing every little scratch. I will never own another black car for that reason.

But thats your supplying dealer’s preparation, nothing to do with MG. Plus black and dark cars are notorious for showing every little scratch. I will never own another black car for that reason.
Exactly, Jack the apprentice has cleaned it for you, with a Brillo pad. :oops::rolleyes:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back