• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Pairing with an Android

Pabrev

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an Xperia 10 Android and cannot get it to pair with my MG for phone or Android Auto, it worked perfectly on my previous car. Any suggestions?

Are you using the Sony usb lead that was supplied as the leads do make a annoying difference...had the same issue with my Samsung..

Is the phone plugged into the correct USB port? Easy to get mixed up sometimes. 😅

Hi Mark and Bob,
Yes I am using the Sony lead and in the correct socket. This does not explain why my phone connects by Bluetooth for music, but not the phone. Any thoughts?

I would be tempted to clear the cache for Android auto and start again, It might be having a bit of a "funny" about the new car, it might need to redo all the permissions for the new car.

It can be hit or miss when connecting for AA. It was especially bad before the Comfort Pack 2 update. I found I had to try 3 different cables before I got one which worked the best. I even tried a Sony one which surprisingly was the worst.

I would try different cables if the cache idea from Septian doesn't work.

It can be hit or miss when connecting for AA.

Ain't that the truth. I too tried three cables (all proven to transfer data with a PC, one being the original that came with the phone) in both sockets. The phone would show as connected, but the AA icon in the car would not light up. At some stage, after attempting a few times over several days, it just worked, and it now connects immediately every time.

I've no idea what made it work in the end. However, my phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro, for which I had to enable USB debgging mode... the cynic in me wonders if it maybe it took a few attempts for the car to install its spyware on the phone 🤬

I believe you need to have Bluetooth activated (make sure it's paired to your car first) and unlock your phone. Plug in your cable to your car (right hand USB socket) and then to your phone. If it's your first time with Android Auto then you should get a disclaimer etc to accept.

At this stage the car should be able to detect your phone and launch Android Auto within the car automatically (you don't need to click on the AA icon within the infotainment system). If it doesn't launch, remove the cable and re-insert to your phone. It should work.

Make sure to have the latest version of Android Auto of course! All the best!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom