Parking on a steep drive

steve748

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When my Mk 2 ZS EV Trophy LR finally arrives I will be parking it on a steeply sloping drive. Has anyone experience of this? Will I need to learn a special technique to move off the drive?

Not really press accelerator for a sec to let you go forward as car parked on incline won't automatically start when put in drive. Then just control speed with break pedal as normal. Nothing crazy there.

When my Mk 2 ZS EV Trophy LR finally arrives I will be parking it on a steeply sloping drive. Has anyone experience of this? Will I need to learn a special technique to move off the drive?
We have a fairly steep drive. When the car is parked, I use a wheel chock too (just in case).

I have a mg5 and a step drive, my car points downhill so when i reverse, with auto hill hold, it gives me about 2-3secs of hold before it releases.
If i face uphill it holds on for as long as needed.

I'm guessing the car has a forward pull threshold before it releases, so the steep drive makes it think its trying to pull away.

Thanks. Select drive, apply small accelerator pedal, 'feel the car try to move', then release electronic handbrake? Much the same as an automatic ICE?

As above, our drive is steep, but you will soon get used to easing the accelerator just enough to release the parking brake. Thing that annoys me is if you have to stop at the bottom of the drive, the brake enagages again and you have to repeat the process, but not a great problem.

Thanks for your answers and they allow me to clarify my situation now. I'll park facing downhill on the steep drive with a garage door a few inches ahead, so I need to reverse up the steep slope with no margin for error in front! Should I cross my fingers that the brake holds until I'm ready to move off! It seems you trust the system and so should I!

Thanks for your answers and they allow me to clarify my situation now. I'll park facing downhill on the steep drive with a garage door a few inches ahead, so I need to reverse up the steep slope with no margin for error in front! Should I cross my fingers that the brake holds until I'm ready to move off! It seems you trust the system and so should I!
Only thing I would add is that when I park on my slightly downhill drive I switch auto hold off and just use the brake to edge forward. Reversing off is never an issue just put in R and light touch on accelerator as required.

Put a block of wood with sufficient space so the you can’t run forward into the garage door when you get it in the correct position decide weather you want a concrete stopper or not

Personally I would avoid using Auto hold on a steep drive and just use Hill hold assist.

Mine is parked on an incline which I reverse in and when charging drive up. No issues, just park as an ICE car😁😁😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom