Parts availability for facelift LR?

leafowner

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Our ZS EV LR trophy connect had a connection with some logs that came off a delivery van this morning :(
Bonnet is fubar, front bumper/grille/whatever its called is cracked, one of the led lights is cracked and the surround for the charge port is cracked.
Is this going to turn into a loooooonnnnggggg job or are parts reasonably available?

Anyone had experience of trying to get repairs done yet?
I'll ring the dealer tomorrow, and try to contact the log delivery firm responsible, I expect that will be fun...

People on here have waited months for steering joint replacement, so don't hold your breath. Parts seem to come on a slow boat from China.

People on here have waited months for steering joint replacement, so don't hold your breath. Parts seem to come on a slow boat from China.
This is what worries me. Just wondering if the issues are only with things that they clearly need lots of, or if everything takes ages.

Last edited:
Have seen a few spares or repairs cars on eBay, I know the parts would be second hand, but might do temporarily?

I had no problem getting front and rear passenger doors in 2021 for my Mk1, plus necessary trim. Took about 2 weeks. Think parts were in UK.

There are more bad stories than good but you don't know until you ask your dealer about a specific part.

Well, bonnet is available in the uk, £560+vat
led light on backorder but quite reasonable price £600+vat - The ones on my skoda were over £1k 5 years ago (although when I think about it, they are adaptive).

Front bumper was a bit of a shock - £1150+vat also on backorder.

Its irritating really, the bumper and lamp dont have much damage - broken mount points and a crack in the bumper (although also damage to the inside of the charge port)

I'd say that the bumper, being so flexible, seems to handle a bash quite well. But I guess that with a closing speed of 80+ mph a decent sized log packs quite a punch. especially when it hits the joint with the bonnet.

led light on backorder but quite reasonable price £600+vat -
Screenshot_20230420-115403.png

Front bumper was a bit of a shock - £1150+vat also on backorder.
Screenshot_20230420-120146.png

Look down a different road?

And the good news is that the log suppliers responsible seem to be accepting responsibility :)
Which is a relief.

I provided them with dashcam footage and they've given me their insurance details. Makes me glad I put that dashcam in.

btw - dealer said there are 3 different part numbers for the led lamps, no info as to what the differences are so need to check the partno on the existing part to ensure the correct one.

And the good news is that the log suppliers responsible seem to be accepting responsibility :)
Which is a relief.

I provided them with dashcam footage and they've given me their insurance details. Makes me glad I put that dashcam in.

btw - dealer said there are 3 different part numbers for the led lamps, no info as to what the differences are so need to check the partno on the existing part to ensure the correct one.
No need to worry about costs then if the third party has accepted liability.:)

Dash cam has helped me twice now when the other party was trying to blame me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom