Parts of the MG ZS EV you've never seen before - we climb underneath an electric car and look around

The built quality of the ZS EV is pretty good I think. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice to see underneath

Interesting that he said there was a gearbox in the front....is that right ? I thought they would just have a dif. linking the motor to the wheels.

Interesting that he said there was a gearbox in the front....is that right ? I thought they would just have a dif. linking the motor to the wheels.
There's probably just a diff and a reduction or transfer gear in there I think.

I don’t think EV’s use differential gears. They rely on the software to manage the driveshaft outputs and braking to achieve the same thing. The drivetrain is a very simple transfer gear.

I don’t think EV’s use differential gears. They rely on the software to manage the driveshaft outputs and braking to achieve the same thing. The drivetrain is a very simple transfer gear.
It has one motor connected to two output shafts, it has to have a differential! What is done with software doesn't alter this fact of engineering. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom