Passenger Compartment fuse board, Does it exist??

Neal King

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
HI All,
Very confused person here trying to fit a dashcam which I have done many times on other motors but need to fix one in my 21 reg HS phev
Can anyone post a description of where the passenger compartment fuse board is on a 2021 HS phev please? Ideally with a photograph !

Despite looking just about everywhere, I cannot locate the fuse board (and yes Ive read the manual)

I had a lack of hair before, but what little I I had is at risk of being pulled out in frustration !

Any help appreciated !

Screenshot from HS Facebook page on topic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-161704_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-161704_Facebook.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,530
It does exist. With driver door open, remove the end dash access panel. You will then need to unscrew a couple of screw, this will drop the panel below the steering wheel containing the little cubby hole and the headlight adjuster. Once this panel is dropped, the fuse box is revealed.

....and I can see it, removed the side panel and the visible screws, but absolutely nothing moves . how do you remove panel with the headlight dimmer etc on?. Starting to get very frustrated with what should be a really simple job. Has anyone got any photos/video showing how they accessed the fuseboard?

Has anyone found the OBD2 connector, I've not actually tried looking yet, but was curious.

Finally ! That panel was really tight but eventually got it to drop with a little persuasion. Dashcam is now hardwired and working front and rear. Thanks to all for their advice and guidance.

Finally ! That panel was really tight but eventually got it to drop with a little persuasion. Dashcam is now hardwired and working front and rear. Thanks to all for their advice and guidance.
Which fuse did you tap for the ignition controlled feed? In my case I want to power a WiFi hot spot but while I'm in there a dash cam is a good idea too 😊

Great thread everyone, very useful. One question though, where are you mounting the front camera and where/how are you hiding the large ferrule block on the cable near the camera itself?

On my Gs which I guess is pretty similar you just pull the door rubber off by the end of the drivers end of dash and pull the panel out and there it is. Just then put a piggy back connector in the accessory fuse which is shown in the handbook. I bought my hardwired piggy back power adapters from eBay for about £8. From there just run witter up a post to top centre area of screen.

Great thread everyone, very useful. One question though, where are you mounting the front camera and where/how are you hiding the large ferrule block on the cable near the camera itself?
I have just fitted and hardwired my dash cam ...i mounted it centre of windscreen behind mirror up to approx 1/2'' /1.27cm below the big black mirror casing to allow for power plug connection...mine was ontop of camera side fixing you could mount upto casing.. Gives excellent view both sides top/bottom with plenty of adjustment and cannot be seen from sitting positions inside car.

I would just like to mention i found it easier to pull off the door rubber seal first before i prized off side cover.
I also found the above pics thread 7/8 a little misleading perhaps its me but i found the 2 screws to remove were below those shown. After they were removed i needed to tease back the 2 plastic tabs which (these tabs are the ones that the screws passed through) they are part of the lower dash panel and double as a washer and securing clip, i used some scrap card board and pushed it in between them to keep them open a little and off the clip, then taking a firm grip using one hand to grip the bottom R/H corner of the panel and the other between the 2 now open clips a sharp swift tug and away it comes...pull OUTWARD NOT DOWNWARD as the clips are not downward securing. I found i did not need to pull the lower dash away more than a 3 to 4 inches 7.5 to 10.16cm to access the fuses...my thinking the less disturbed the better and easier to refit.. I piggybacked Fuse No8 which powers the cigar lighter socket and only this ! it does not share or power any other of the vehicle electronics, it is live when ignition on only... offer back up the lower dash panel a light tap and its back in place.. reinsert the 2 screws and connect wires with dash cam ....push back in the side cover and push door seal rubber back in place.

p.s. obviously route all cable before reinstallation of lower dash panel which i found was a doddle. Worth mentioning : keep an eye on the two coin box drop down door springs which become visible after you drop the panel ...R/H side one especially ...its easy to catch and detach it from is fixing when pulling and adding fuses and ensure you feed it in back in place as you are lifting the panel back in place DONT squash it !!

Addition...the magnetic ferrule which came with my Nextbase dash cam............ i did not need to use it...its only to stop interference IF NEEDED ! It was not included with my hardwire kit ...it came attached to the cigar lighter connection option so perhaps its only relevant to that fixing option.

Attachments

• IMG_4961.JPG
    IMG_4961.JPG
    598.4 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_4964.JPG
    IMG_4964.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:
Thanks for this thread looks like a pain to access as I may need to change 12v power socket fuse as no power going to it.
Does the battery need disconnected as per instructions?

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread looks like a pain to access as I may need to change 12v power socket fuse as no power going to it.
Does the battery need disconnected as per instructions?
Should be ok if you pull out & insert new fuse with care...i have changed a few and left battery connected..obviously dont short anything during the change.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom