• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Passenger doors

welshanteater

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone solved the inability to open the passenger door from the inside issue. Seen some traffic but no solution (apols if ive missed it!) Had my gorgeous MG ZS EV LR Trophy connect for 48 hours and cannot continue to act as if my husband is Hyacinth Bucket - need to be able to chuck him out quick ! Thanks... this is my first post... also is pairing a mobile just a bugger cos i cant make it pair on bluetooth !

No problems with my doors either. Open inside or out with single pull. Sounds like a child safety feature hidden deep in one of the hidden menus.

Think I solved my issue and posted here.

[Edit} Nope still have the issue so intermittent now? Should I order this?

[Edit 2} Just the nearside doors that won't open from the inside.

Last edited:
Has anyone solved the inability to open the passenger door from the inside issue. Seen some traffic but no solution (apols if ive missed it!) Had my gorgeous MG ZS EV LR Trophy connect for 48 hours and cannot continue to act as if my husband is Hyacinth Bucket - need to be able to chuck him out quick ! Thanks... this is my first post... also is pairing a mobile just a bugger cos i cant make it pair on bluetooth !
As for the bluetooth pairing I did get my phone to pair but it wasn't straightforward, neither was getting iSmart set up. Took some faffing but got there in the end. Can't say what made the difference unfortunately. Only outstanding issue is still the doors though.

As for the bluetooth pairing I did get my phone to pair but it wasn't straightforward, neither was getting iSmart set up. Took some faffing but got there in the end. Can't say what made the difference unfortunately. Only outstanding issue is still the doors though.
Success... looks like the door can take 2-3 pulls to open... security and safety measure ! As for bluetooth pairing i spend £13 on a usb-c to usb-c cable which i now find i didnt meed. It eventually paired and is working fine !! Thanks

Had some feedback and it's being looked into as apparently there is a batch of new cars with the problem that the doors will not open from the inside.:rolleyes:

Dukes of hazzard edition?
Screenshot_20221208-090025.png

Had some feedback and it's being looked into as apparently there is a batch of new cars with the problem that the doors will not open from the inside.:rolleyes:
My brothers new Trophy 🏆 LR is the same, can not open the N/S/F door from the inside.
It has been back into the dealer within 48 hours and they sent a request ticket off to MG Tech.
When they did a diag it relieved that there was a problem with the drivers door lock strangly.
MG Tech have come back and said there is a sensor in the passengers door that needs replacing.
The part was ordered last week and it is booked in for the work to take place on Friday 9th December 2022.
I assume that MG has the part available on the self ???.
Just to clarify, if the passenger wants to leave the car before the driver, or the car is still in ready mode, then the passengers door internal handle does need to be pumped twice, to allow the passenger to leave first.
It’s a safety feature common on a lot of models, not just MG.
Or the driver can use the switch on the drivers door to active the central door locking mechanism and open from there.

My brothers new Trophy 🏆 LR is the same, can not open the N/S/F door from the inside.
It has been back into the dealer within 48 hours and they sent a request ticket off to MG Tech.
When they did a diag it relieved that there was a problem with the drivers door lock strangly.
MG Tech have come back and said there is a sensor in the passengers door that needs replacing.
The part was ordered last week and it is booked in for the work to take place on Friday 9th December 2022.
I assume that MG has the part available on the self ???.
Just to clarify, if the passenger wants to leave the car before the driver, or the car is still in ready mode, then the passengers door internal handle does need to be pumped twice, to allow the passenger to leave first.
It’s a safety feature common on a lot of models, not just MG.
Or the driver can use the switch on the drivers door to active the central door locking mechanism and open from there.
Just update on the non opening passengers door from the inside problem, on my brothers two week old new LR Trophy.
He delivered the car for the pre-arranged appointment, for a week last Friday to have the problem sorted.
Arrived at 8.30am to be told that the part had not arrived in time.
No phone call from anybody at the dealer the previous day, to delay the appointment - very poor !.
The appointment was rebooked for the following Wednesday - Thursday.
The story is now, that a complete door catch ( not a door sensor ) had arrived, but it was the incorrect part.
Today ( Monday 12.12.2022 ) they have told my brother they WILL have a complete lock / catch assembly ready on hand, by tomorrow ( Tuesday 13.12.2023 ).
He gets a feeling that the part is being borrowed from a donor car, while waiting for the factory "backorder" part to arrive from China.
Your passenger should have the ability to leave the car urgently, in the unfortunate case of an accident.
Clearly this can not happen, therefore it SHOULD have a URGENT red flag placed on this fault !.
This problem should not be treated as standard routine defect reported by the owner, because the sales person witnessed this problem himself on the delivery handover day.
The car was delivered ( like a few others ) this way from the factory and should have NOT cleared the factory quality inspection stage, or should have been picked up on the PDI inspection at the dealers.
They want his car ALL day to fit this replacement part.
So, my brother has told his sales person that he wishes the use of his demo car for the whole day then !.
Hopefully it will be sorted after the appointment tomorrow or the demo car will not be getting returned until it is sorted.

My car is going to be picked up and get a replacement while it is being investigated and fixed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom