Phase 1 Trophy/ Luxury: how do you like the seats?

Jeroen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi everyone,

Today I took the family on a ride to visit family on the west coast of The Netherlands, a 1h 45m drive one way.

All four of us had sore buttocks from sitting in the car. The seats are quite a bit softer then the ones in our Outlander PHEV in which we can sit for many more hours before getting sore buttocks (if any).

Wondering how other phase 1 Trophy/ Luxury are experiencing the seats in the MG4. Especially on longer drives.

Best regards,
Jeroen

The MG4 was my commuter car for half a year, I drove 80 km every day. Sometimes I used it for longer drives, the longest being 550 km. Never had any issues with the seats - to the contrary: I find them very well laid out and shaped. Not too tight but with adequate lateral support. I really liked them.

Have done several 350+ mile trips in our Trophy. Both my wife and I (both in our 70s) have noticed that when we stop for a break we can both walk properly! In our previous car it took us a good few steps to get going. So we are finding the seats absolutely fine on longer drives.

Thanks for all your replies.

Just wondering: I feel the seats are a bit “squishy” and the feel like I am sinking in to them a bit more than I’d prefer. Something I didn’t notice during my one hour testdrive.

The seats in our Outlander are more firm e.g. like an active supporting chair or couch.

Or just maybe my buttocks are a bit to large 😆

Thanks for all your replies.

Just wondering: I feel the seats are a bit “squishy” and the feel like I am sinking in to them a bit more than I’d prefer. Something I didn’t notice during my one hour testdrive.

The seats in our Outlander are more firm e.g. like an active supporting chair or couch.

Or just maybe my buttocks are a bit to large 😆
Yes, they are quite soft and we're used to firmer seats. Luckily, they seem to suit us ok.

When we first sat in the seats we thought they might be uncomfortable as we were used to much firmer (VAG) seating. However, it turns out that was just what we were used to, after running the MG4 for 5 months we find the seats very comfortable and not a problem on longer journeys. We stop every couple of hours so I can't speak to very long journeys.

But we did have to adapt to the seats, our past experience told us they'd be uncomfortable and we needed to look past that to actually find out.

Hi everyone,

Today I took the family on a ride to visit family on the west coast of The Netherlands, a 1h 45m drive one way.

All four of us had sore buttocks from sitting in the car. The seats are quite a bit softer then the ones in our Outlander PHEV in which we can sit for many more hours before getting sore buttocks (if any).

Wondering how other phase 1 Trophy/ Luxury are experiencing the seats in the MG4. Especially on longer drives.

Best regards,
Jeroen
You may have a different interior to what we have in the UK. I know that colour choices are different.
If so, they may have changed more than the colour, hence you have experienced a sore butt and I have never heard anyone complain of a pain in the butt in the UK.... apart from when we have to deal with MG customer support !

Before your time here, but ... @Jester27 (I think) rejected TWO cars because the seats gave him discomfort. (Both cars had a "lump" in the driver's seat which caused a literal pain in the ass). :)

Before your time here, but ... @Jester27 (I think) rejected TWO cars because the seats gave him discomfort. (Both cars had a "lump" in the driver's seat which caused a literal pain in the ass). :)
Agreed, but that was a single seat, can't believe that all 4 would have that fault on the same car, plus no recent reports of this in last 6 months.

I saw a YouTube video entitled something like "why I rejected my MG4" and it was all about how the youtuber's wife couldn't get comfortable in the seat. As far as I remember she had a medical condition that made seat ergonomics particularly important. I can's see why anyone would even bother to make a video to tell the world this.

My car's seats are absolutely fine. SE, but I think the actual seats, as opposed to the fabric, are the same.

A couple of weeks ago a friend told me that when I drove past her she thought I was sitting very low in the car, and peering over the steering wheel. I was totally unaware of this. However, being suggestible, I raised the height of the seat and fiddled with the steering wheel to change my position. Not sure I'm happy, I get in and think, this is a bit high? But neither position is at all uncomfortable.

Mine are ok, having that said my ford focus 2011 had better seats, firmer and better lumbar support.

Not noticed sore butt, even after 2hr+ trips.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back