Phone connection queries

purplemike

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone had phone connection issues?
On all previous cars I have owned, once a phone is registered with the car it automatically connects when entering the car. This seems not to be the case with the MG and I seem to have to pair my phone anew every time. Accept, that is, on one occasion where my phone rang and miraculously seemed to already have been paired........🤔
It is also odd that my phone doesn't appear in the Bluetooth history section of the phone page.
Any hints or tips gratefully received.

They're very different, and have different bugs. The Trophy seems much worse for instability, while the SE might have its issues but they remain constant and predictable (and so are easier to work round). But MG seem to be fixing Trophy bugs as a priority while they more or less ignore the SE (apart from adding new bugs!) so you'll probably get sorted OK.

Oh, well thanks for the information.
I can't work out whether I'm pretty pleased or disappointed with my MG purchase. Like driving it. Like the specs it promises. However, I hate the (positively dangerous) driver assist systems that I have to cancel every time I get n the car I also have constant charging at home problems with the car randomly stopping charging for no apparent good reason. It just seems to make electric car ownership a thing of stress rather than reassurance..............

A quick one @purplemike - any reason why you're bluetooth'ing instead of plugging in and using Apple CarPlay/Android Auto? Just out of curiosity - is that flaky too?

If it is, that's gonna be a deal-breaker for me because we can't live without it, it's just so good.

Last edited:
A quick one @purplemike - any reason why you're bluetooth'ing instead of plugging in and using Apple CarPlay/Android Auto? Just out of curiosity - is that flaky too?

If it is, that's gonna be a deal-breaker for me because we can't live without it, it's just so good.
I think Android auro works OK. I used to use it with my previous Peugoet, but with the EV4 the home screen info seemed important with battery etc so I didn't want to lose it to the Android screen. Maybe I shouldn't worry.

I've just started using Android Auto (new phone) and it's not a problem. Yes it covers the home screen, but you have the physical home screen button you can press to get it back any time you want. Then just touch the Android Auto part of the screen to get back to AA. It's fine.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back