Phone not audible

okohll

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Came across a problem I haven't noticed on the forum so far -

On a motorway trip, I tried to make two outgoing phonecalls to different people, using Apple Carplay - hold down the speaking person button on the steering wheel until Siri pops up then say 'phone [name]'.

The calls connected but I couldn't hear the other person. I'm not sure if they could hear me to be honest. I pressed the volume up button on the steering wheel just in case it was down for some reason.

In both cases, I ended the call then they called back and I could hear them fine.

Don't know if anyone else has come across that? I'll make some more test calls while parked in the drive tomorrow.

The phone was connected by cable, bluetooth on the phone was off. MG4 SE long range.

Came across a problem I haven't noticed on the forum so far -

On a motorway trip, I tried to make two outgoing phonecalls to different people, using Apple Carplay - hold down the speaking person button on the steering wheel until Siri pops up then say 'phone [name]'.

The calls connected but I couldn't hear the other person. I'm not sure if they could hear me to be honest. I pressed the volume up button on the steering wheel just in case it was down for some reason.

In both cases, I ended the call then they called back and I could hear them fine.

Don't know if anyone else has come across that? I'll make some more test calls while parked in the drive tomorrow.

The phone was connected by cable, bluetooth on the phone was off. MG4 SE long range.
This happened to me on Bluetooth. The person on the other line could hear me but I couldn't hear them. To fix, I went on to radio and then went back to the call which seemed to make it work again. It hasn't happened for a long time though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back