Piano Black interior delete/wrap

OJEastwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi all!

As we all probably know, the bits of gloss piano black in the interior of the car are a magnet for scratches and fingerprints and, quite quickly, will probably not look so great.

I've seen cases in other cars where people have used vinyl wrap to cover the gloss black with a different finish that would hold up a bit better. I was wondering if anyone has yet done that in the MG4? If so, would you be able to post a picture of the results?

I believe AliExpress sells a clear wrap for the infotainment and drivers screen and for the centre console

Haven't done it (maybe because I don't have an MG4!), but I've seen it done successfully using a carbon fiber pattern wrap in other vehicles which looked excellent and being matt finish, avoided any glare too.
Yeah, I've seen a lot of examples of people doing Piano Black deletes with a carbon fibre wrap and it looks good, but I'm not sure if it's quite to my taste. I'd like a nice matt black or, probably a bit controversial, I think a wood grain wrap on the centre console would look good - not too dissimilar from the Honda e in that regard.

2020-Honda-e-interior (1) copy.jpg

I will see about taking it down to a professional to get it done. Hopefully doing that, they'll be able to retain the lettering for the gear selector.

Hi All!

I wanted to raise this post again to see, over a year on, whether anyone has had successful results in wrapping the gloss black plastic in the car.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, just saw this thread

I've bought a mate vinyl pre cutted for the gear selector and center console.

There was only one seller with this item a month ago. I didn't want to wrap with cheap carbon look, and I'm glad I didn't!

There's also for the doors, but I was more interested on this one.

It has texture, but it's not sand paper type.

Hope to install it soon, when it stops raining I will use a hairdryer, like I always do when wrapping mobile phones with vinyl, I don't want the corners to lift.

Edit: I also bought leather type vinyl and I'm going to stick it (it has easy removable glue) to parts of the four doors.

I put one of the AliExpress plastic pseudo carbon fiber things on the floating gear shift housing ( thing). Looks fine, was dubious about the carbon fiber but it looks fairly muted and picks up the grey of the cabin area. I know - what grey? 🤔

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_160245083.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_160245083.MP.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20240302_160103186.jpg
    PXL_20240302_160103186.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 31

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%