Planning holiday to Cornwall: are there enough chargers available?

Jeroen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi everybody,

Picked up my MG4 Luxury 3 weeks ago (living in the Netherlands).

We are thinking about going to Cornwall summer next year. The plan is to travel through the tunnel and then drive towards Cornwall visiting Dartmoore national park on the way.

Suffering from mild range anxiety myself, I was wondering if it would be an easy trip to make with our MG4 or that charging is still much of a hassle and it would be better to go with our hybrid car.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards,
Jeroen

I went to Cornwall last year, out of peak tourist time and there were enough chargers about and a bit of planning needed, went this year and the numbers of chargers had increased dramatically.
A number of rental properties have 7kw chargers available but for some strange reason the rental companies don’t advertise this, but if you ask they will send you a list of which properties have a 3 pin socket for granny chargers plus those that have wall chargers.
So have a look on the apps mentioned above and have a cracking time.

I just returned from north wales travelling from North Norfolk.I did over a thousand miles just needs a little planning but in general a really trouble free journey no issues at all.

We frequently visit cornwall and generally haven't had too much of a problem. During school holidays it's gets hard to find a free rapid charger though. Exeter services has 12 new chargers, plus another 12 being installed. The downside is that everyone knows it so it gets very busy. Any idea how to queue for a charge...:p

Did a round trip from Sheffield, Southend on sea to Penzance a couple of weeks ago fully loaded with the famalam and a top box and had no issues. The only pain was the Grid serve station being totally out of action.

First time using public chargers and used the Electroverse app for the most part otherwise contactless. We have a black LR.

There's a big new charging place at Buckfastleigh on the A38, run by Osprey.
Yeah, really nice this one. There's a decent cafe/farm shop type thing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back