Plastic Wheel Covers

benfello

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So, I went to view (test drive next week) the car today at my local dealership, to which I was blown away with how it looks and feels in person.

F981B892-495B-4C52-867C-F860C96FFBEF.jpeg

Personally, I don’t mind the plastic wheel covers that come with the car, and I’d be happy to keep them on, compared to some who will take them off and show off the alloy; however I keep seeing European versions of the car come with what looks like a differently shaped cover, that comes in full black:

9261C401-1F5C-46C3-91D5-6B70C929750F.jpeg

Why can’t these be offered in the UK? If I had the option I’d likely pick these as I think it goes well with the black trim which surrounds the bottom of the car. Can’t MG offer these parts as accessories even? I don’t understand why it would be difficult for them to stretch these to different markets.

EDIT: Looks like the blacks are 16” on steels (thanks guys :D ). My fault for not researching enough! I’d still like to see some other variants in the future.

Last edited:
So, I went to view (test drive next week) the car today at my local dealership, to which I was blown away with how it looks and feels in person.

View attachment 11205

Personally, I don’t mind the plastic wheel covers that come with the car, and I’d be happy to keep them on, compared to some who will take them off and show off the alloy; however I keep seeing European versions of the car come with what looks like a differently shaped cover, that comes in full black:

View attachment 11204

Why can’t these be offered in the UK? If I had the option I’d likely pick these as I think it goes well with the black trim which surrounds the bottom of the car. Can’t MG offer these parts as accessories even? I don’t understand why it would be difficult for them to stretch these to different markets.
Yeah.. me too. They are the 16” caps on steel wheels. I would have taken them if fitted on an SE, any little extra profile helps on our cobbled tarmac.

Yeah.. me too. They are the 16” caps on steel wheels. I would have taken them if fitted on an SE, any little extra profile helps on our cobbled tarmac.
Oh! That’s news to me, I wasn’t aware these were both smaller and on steel wheels. Yeah, that makes sense. Is it a long stretch of cobbles? :LOL:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back