Playing music from USB sticks

Yeah I have managed to find a sound I am happy with, although I have the bobby basic car with no rear speakers! Crikey, what car comes with no speakers in the rear. If it weren't a 3 year lease, I would have cut 6x9 holes in the parcel shelf by now. Ah the good ol' days.

Hi All,
with regard to accessing folders (albums) on a USB stick in the 23 MG3 a previous post said to tap the top of the Tracks List of your current album (folder).
Just a clarification, Tap the Vertical Arrow in the top left hand corner of the Tracks List. Takes you to the folders (albums).

There isn't one on my MG5FL, hence my previous question.
Looks like the Arrow is only present in the latest MG3. Thanks for your tip on the top of the tracks screen. I wouldn't have solved my problem without it. In the MG3 only pressing the arrow works but I think anywhere on top must work for other models, as outlined by you. I pressed all over the top without result then hit the arrow by accident and presto. I then opened a folder then pressed the arrow deliberately and I was into the folders. Thanks again.

I built a folder and filled it with individual tracks up to the capacity of the intended USB stick ( I have 30,000 to choose from). Sorted the folder by track name to randomise the artists then selected them at 255 tracks at a time and transferred them into subfolders, 10 folders and copied them to the stick.

In the car random play mode gives me 2500 tracks but I can search for an individual track when I want to. All tracks have an album cover embedded which displays on the screen correctly. The only peculiarity is when a track/artist is too long some scroll across the display to see it all but others don't.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom