Please check your AA cover

I took out a service plan when I bought the car 3 years ago, and have had need of the AA a few times over the piece. Every time it's been in for the service, the renewal of the cover hasn't happened, despite mentioning it to then, and asking when I picked the car up. On the upside, when I've had to call MG Assistance, the handlers seem to be used to the renewals having not been put through. And having discussed it with the dealership I have my plan with, they have said that they've had multiple instances where it's shown as processed at their end, but it's not gone through.

It's OK/the norm, regardless of distributor, for us to have a moan. And I'm by default reluctant to mention when things go OK. Yet WLMG Eastcote (I had ZS prevously from them) provided updated details on AA cover at 1st service (FL MG5) & revised tel no. Only gripe to date is the location!

Does anyone know whether the AA cover remains with the car when it changes owners?
Yes it does as long as the servicing has been done by an MG approved garage.

The last paragraph of the Insurance Product Information Document states "should you sell the
vehicle, any remaining benefit will transfer to the new registered keeper until the warranty expiry date"

Ring the MG Assist number and just say to them that you're checking that MG Assist has been renewed after your car was serviced.

Looks like mine wasn't done either. I'm on a service plan with Drive MG Bristol so just assumed they would have done it when I got it serviced! The whole MG experience is poor to say the least, decent car, poor software, poor support.
That is interesting. I also had my MG4 serviced Drive MG Bristol Patchway. Did you check with them or did you contact AA?

Thanks for the heads up just checked with MG AA & spoke to a lovely lady , seems I have the full cover till 2025 so my dealer in Chiswick did renew it at the service in Feb. She said I had the full cover roadside, recovery car, home start etc so a really good cover she said about £400 worth, not sure if she was telling me that as some people have different cover or what, but was a really nice professional call, which does reassure me of MG’s service. I said I’m just checking the cover.

Thanks for the heads up just checked with MG AA & spoke to a lovely lady , seems I have the full cover till 2025 so my dealer in Chiswick did renew it at the service in Feb. She said I had the full cover roadside, recovery car, home start etc so a really good cover she said about £400 worth, not sure if she was telling me that as some people have different cover or what, but was a really nice professional call, which does reassure me of MG’s service. I said I’m just checking the cover.
At least it gives you confidence if you are in the unfortunate position of having to call them.

Would you mind updating the car you drive in your profile as it helps members to be more specific in their replies.

so a really good cover she said about ÂŁ400 worth, not sure if she was telling me that as some people have different cover or what
The level of cover offered by MG Assistance is really good to be fair, a lot of the break down cover that is offered by car insurance companies, or many your bank are the very basic level of cover.
Roadside assistance is usually the starting level of cover and is very limited in what it has to offer in the case of problem.

Last edited:
My Trophy had its first service yesterday and I received a card stating that the AA cover had been renewed for 12 months from the service date. The original end date for the initial cover is 17th April 2024.

So, will the cover end on 10th April 2025 or 17th?

If the latter then there is a danger of the next service date having to move backward (if service day is a Sat or Sun or 10th unavailable) or risking driving without AA cover until the next available working day.

Can anyone who phoned the AA answer my question in respect of their cover? Or will I need to do it myself?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back