• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Please vote for Software Update Wishlist MG HS Phev

Please vote for MG HS Phev (EHS) Update Wishlist items being a (possible) Owner of this nice car

• Improvement of serious gear shifting stalls in EV mode. ( Safety aspect)

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Make EV selection possible a warning only like: 'engine heater not available' i.s.o.'not support'

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Seat heating needs 3 heating modes i.s.o. 1 in view of the only source available in EV mode.

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Improve brightness of Blind spot warning lights (BLIS) , to weak in daylight (Safety aspect)

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Tailgate closing stops when opening passenger doors, even when unlocked

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Front parking sensors ( not in UK ) do not operate in D(rive) mode

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • In hybrid mode enable automatic ICE kick in above urban speed limits only.

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Add warning for unattended open roof window in applicable versions ( door window warning installed)

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Make EV selection always possible with a warning only like: 'engine heater not available'

Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters
Some updates I would like to see happen...if they are physically possible.
I would like to see that:
1) windows and sunroof keeps closing when I turn the ignition off afterwards

2) a number shows up telling me in what gear the ice and e-motor are....

3) I have access to information as: ICE oil and coolant temperature.

4) the forward and backwards buttons for the radio on the steering wheel actually browse through you favorited stations , instead just picking random ones

5) I can change the tone of the rear drive radar and volume... This just wakes me up in the morning.anf I have to get up at 4:20....😴

6) I can change the theme or colours to the screen above the steering wheel.

7) I can en/disable the stupid MG boot sequence logo.....
If I get out of the car for like 5 minutes.....you need to look at that stupid.logo firing.up again..... Hate it....

That's all 😛

Thanks Venum for getting my poll up on top again in order get some more votes.
Please realize that I cannot change my poll or add items. You could start a poll yourself with these subjects. On the other hand I can assure you that most of your irritations will not get 50% plus voters. Look at my list and you will agree that only a few subjects have overall majority. Gearshifting, blind spot light and EV selection have majority votes out of 8 items.
I delivered a copy to the van Mossel dealership management (EU dealer) last month and so far no reactions received.

Is there no way of getting into super secret settings menu ? To at least disable the boot logo..... If there is a way to access the infotainment systems secret menu......then there must be a certain button combination to enter the menu of the screen above the screen.....I'm sure about it!!

Got it thanks. I never noticed it at the top of the post :)
You created the 50 plus voters mark and that results in 3 subjects with more than 50% backup including 2 with 75%+
I will now present this result once more to different authorities in order to show the general opinion about these flaws that could be fixed in the near future in order to make this car even better!

Is there no way of getting into super secret settings menu ? To at least disable the boot logo..... If there is a way to access the infotainment systems secret menu......then there must be a certain button combination to enter the menu of the screen above the screen.....I'm sure about it!!
I have seen some Youtube videos showing that you enter the engineering menu by pressing on the 4 corners of the settings page. Haven't tried it though....

Today, one month ago I posted this Poll and thank you for voting on the different subjects so far.
14 owners in counting and no increase in the last few weeks in spite of the fact that several new owners joined this active MG forum. That is why I like to invite all Hybrid owners, new or hesitating, to cast some votes on these matters.
Please do react on any subject that is not clear to you or give your own view on it.
As it is a Poll I cannot change or add any text and I had to keep it short due to limited space.
So, some items might need some clarification or explanation?
The Poll is now on top of the list for a while again, which was the main reason for this chat ;-)
Happy midsummer night!
Henri
Hi all, l have got mg5LR, thinking of changing to MG plug in, as 360 vision appeal, and hoping the info system is better, would appreciate any comments please

Hi, think I may be too late for your list but here goes,
At approximately 6mph you get a bird’s eye and blind spot view of whichever way you are indicating.
This would be much more useful if it was to be switched on when the indicators are used at any speed, and used as a useful blind spot monitor when turning.
As it is it’s only usefu for parking and quite honestly in my opinion a complete waste,
I am sure this could be modified with a software tweak., jeff

Hi, think I may be too late for your list but here goes,
At approximately 6mph you get a bird’s eye and blind spot view of whichever way you are indicating.
This would be much more useful if it was to be switched on when the indicators are used at any speed, and used as a useful blind spot monitor when turning.
As it is it’s only usefu for parking and quite honestly in my opinion a complete waste,
I am sure this could be modified with a software tweak., jeff
Hi Jef,
Would be nice to have available, some new cars will be without rear view mirrors!
But,
I started this Poll a year ago and at the end of last year with around 60 voters i mailed the outcome to Van Mossel Europe and to Miles Roberts in the UK who forwarded it to the MG management.
No reaction received from anyone and not one item has ever been modified by MG. Two of them safety related!
So, to be honest I think we have to realise that the product we bought is the product we will sell!
I gave up on it and have learned to live with the limitations of this car and even enjoy driving it.
The story of my life:)

I also wrote to saic mg development team in Shanghai both in English and I translated it int Chinese for good measure, no reply at all, bloody rude.
But heyho it’s a beautiful car, could just be better if they would listen to the consumers.

My first impression with driving my brand new MG plug-in Hybrid in 100% EV mode:
The electric drive has a 4 gear transmission systeem which often shifts in a very slow way. The car halts for a moment like someone who cannot find the next gear!
In the hybrid mode with 6 extra gears available here is no problem at all, but in EV I find it troublesome, especially when overtaking traffic on dual roads. At a speed of around 80km/hr while accelerating, a total power cut occurs for about a full second causing decelleration! Anyone who can confirm this?
My hope is improvement in the near future for all owners in that case.
This quote is used by new owners to discuss their issue with gear shifting in EV mode. I posted it on May4th last year and thereafter I initiated this poll with a (software) wish-list for the future on May 21 2021 with this topic on top of the list and 80% of the 77 owners casted a vote on it!
I delivered the outcome to MG UK and EU management without any reaction so far.
This is no news for most of us but for new owners I repeat it for reference
Safe driving anyway!

Haven't experienced any of these issues although Iam always in auto mode above 80ks anyway to save battery life so carnt comment on the gear change thing. The only one that really shits me is if you want to de fog the front window and hit the hard key to get the blower going you carnt just hit it again to turn off you have to go to the HVAC screen and turn off from there. Crazy!. My 18 Honda could do this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom