Please vote for Software Update Wishlist MG HS Phev

Please vote for MG HS Phev (EHS) Update Wishlist items being a (possible) Owner of this nice car

• Improvement of serious gear shifting stalls in EV mode. ( Safety aspect)

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Make EV selection possible a warning only like: 'engine heater not available' i.s.o.'not support'

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Seat heating needs 3 heating modes i.s.o. 1 in view of the only source available in EV mode.

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Improve brightness of Blind spot warning lights (BLIS) , to weak in daylight (Safety aspect)

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Tailgate closing stops when opening passenger doors, even when unlocked

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Front parking sensors ( not in UK ) do not operate in D(rive) mode

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • In hybrid mode enable automatic ICE kick in above urban speed limits only.

Votes: 30 34.1%
  • Add warning for unattended open roof window in applicable versions ( door window warning installed)

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Make EV selection always possible with a warning only like: 'engine heater not available'

Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters
Welkom!
Personally I am not in favor of a blind spot sound warning. Indeed there are a lot of sound warnings but those are exceeding limit warnings. This detection is (important) information only. Better visibility of the light in daylight is needed as suggested in the Poll.

The sunroof will close after long pressing the lock on the remote. You only use that when you realize that the roof is open. So I agree with you on that.
Hi Henri,
Only a sound warning when a detection occurs and you still want to change lanes. I hope i explain myself better.

The sunroof will close after long pressing the lock on the remote. You only use that when you realize that the roof is open. So I agree with you on that.

But it should be optional, on a hot day, I sometimes leave the sunroof in the up position to get some air in while parked.

But it should be optional, on a hot day, I sometimes leave the sunroof in the up position to get some air in while parked.
Hi, with all my cars old and new, the sunroof in up position stays open when turning off the car, but sun roof open position will close after turning off the car.
Behavior by Mercedes E-class, Kia Optima and Ford Mondeo. So i think it is not normal the roof wont close.
Once in Hungary i left my sunroof open (Mercedes) by canceling the closure. A heavy rain shower occurred and all my electrical system where fried, the car was shipped to the dealer and took them two weeks to fix it.

Hi, with all my cars old and new, the sunroof in up position stays open when turning off the car, but sun roof open position will close after turning off the car.
Behavior by Mercedes E-class, Kia Optima and Ford Mondeo. So i think it is not normal the roof wont close.
Once in Hungary i left my sunroof open (Mercedes) by canceling the closure. A heavy rain shower occurred and all my electrical system where fried, the car was shipped to the dealer and took them two weeks to fix it.
That makes more sense, must admit don't think I've had a sunroof for 20+ years and that had a windy handle :ROFLMAO:

I think maybe Dragonfly can explain, but every detection system runs on the canbus so it is programmable .
Yes in theory the lights are just a canbus message, so it wouldn't take too much to say if indicator is on, and blindspot is detected then beep. Definitely in the realms of a software update.

Infact I have a box sat here that could do exactly that, if we could a) work out the canbus codes and b) stop the damn thing setting the alarm off.

Welkom!
Personally I am not in favor of a blind spot sound warning. Indeed there are a lot of sound warnings but those are exceeding limit warnings. This detection is (important) information only. Better visibility of the light in daylight is needed as suggested in the Poll.

Yes I'm with Henri8 on this re the blind spot sound warning. If you drive down the motorway or duel carriageways it would always be going off as cars overtake you and would get so annoying ( a bit like lane assist) people would probably turn it off. But like most things if they are configurable then people have a choice and can decide themselves .
Agree with some type of warning sound if the sunroof is open when you come to lock the car , as its easy to leave it in the tilt position and forget to close it ( well I did anyway luck it did not rain lol ) .

Yes I'm with Henri8 on this re the blind spot sound warning. If you drive down the motorway or duel carriageways it would always be going off as cars overtake you and would get so annoying ( a bit like lane assist) people would probably turn it off. But like most things if they are configurable then people have a choice and can decide themselves .
Agree with some type of warning sound if the sunroof is open when you come to lock the car , as its easy to leave it in the tilt position and forget to close it ( well I did anyway luck it did not rain lol ) .
Only a sound warning when a detection occurs and you still want to change lanes, not triggered by driving by cars.

So I have had the car for 2 days now and I would vote for a software update to turn the radio off. I do not want it on every time a get in the car. Looks like I will have to turn down the volume. I want a simple OFF.

Hi guys, it is a hot day, and I like to leave my sunroof open, on the slant, to ventilate, I like this option, I have had a neighbour phone me one morning that I left open all night, it rained a bit, but I still p[refer this delayed option, rather than closing automatically

Hi guys, it is a hot day, and I like to leave my sunroof open, on the slant, to ventilate, I like this option, I have had a neighbour phone me one morning that I left open all night, it rained a bit, but I still p[refer this delayed option, rather than closing automatically
I left it open the other day. Luckily it didn’t rain overnight

my submission of upgraded software.
1) not showing "soc ev" or "auto mode" , just showing EV mode and Hybrid mode
2)fix the damn lag in EV mode
3)maybe rainsensors could stay active even with car closed to detect rain and then auto closes all the windows including sunroof.
4) include volume settings for reversing radar,... the damn things wakes me up in the morning....

You have my vote (see my comment up here), simple close the roof when the ignition is turned off (power off car).

In my view there are a few issues at hand with the sunroof.

1: You want to leave your car with all windows closed. When you leave you get an open window warning but not an open sunroof warning. This is mentioned in the voting poll. You could of course teach yourself to long press the lock button of the remote key and all windows including the sunroof close. Many years ago I inadvertently left my sunroof open after parking it for a week at Schiphol Airport in a hurry!... Not funny...

2: You want to leave the sunroof open when leaving and locking. In my opinion that is your responsibility. The rain sensor option would be nice however but hardly to be expected. If you own a convertible it must be an expensive one in order to close the hood automatically when it starts to rain, or am I wrong in that matter? Could be :)

In my view there are a few issues at hand with the sunroof.

1: You want to leave your car with all windows closed. When you leave you get an open window warning but not an open sunroof warning. This is mentioned in the voting poll. You could of course teach yourself to long press the lock button of the remote key and all windows including the sunroof close. Many years ago I inadvertently left my sunroof open after parking it for a week at Schiphol Airport in a hurry!... Not funny...

2: You want to leave the sunroof open when leaving and locking. In my opinion that is your responsibility. The rain sensor option would be nice however but hardly to be expected. If you own a convertible it must be an expensive one in order to close the hood automatically when it starts to rain, or am I wrong in that matter? Could be :)
Uhm,... I have a seat Ibiza (2019) that closes it's windows (no sunroof) when it detects rain.... So I think it's just a matter of software adjustment to make that happen.

Rain sensor Ed sun roof would be very practicle, as it does exist, and would be nice to have, I also have found that in the morning, I press the UNLOCK button long time and the windows and sunroof OPEN , tada!!

I once had a Citroen C5 that supposedly had the window function linked to the rain sensor. In typical French sense of humour with electrics it worked in reverse on the drivers door window…. Down came the rain, down came the window….

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom