Plug in grant value changed along with eligibility criteria

"Petrol Ped" of Youtube fame, has just finished testing the original ZS EV for a month.
I was surprised ( given some of the expensive cars that he has tested ) that is response for the ZS EV was pretty positive.
He has just handed the ZS EV back and collected a new Toyota Rav 4 PHEV to test for another month.
The price of this car was £47,000 BEFORE the recent reduction in the grant !.
Why would you pay this amount of money for a car that has a very small EV range and is not economical on longer trips due to the extra weight it is lugging around ?.
It has a 2.0 litre engine, so I would expect the fuel economy to be pretty poor.
Service cost's as the car ages are going to increase because you are serving two masters.
The serving demands of a ICE car, combined with any demands of a EV !.
Even though EV are more expensive than it's ICE counter part, you could buy a nice EV for almost £50,000 ????.
Company car drivers might go for it. Reasonable BIK benefits but still got the flexibility of a combustion engine.

Call made.
So. The grant is now for cars 32k and under and only £1500, unless you've already got an order placed which I have. The finance not being added yet isn't an issue. Also, the MG5 LR Exclusive in metallic paint retails for £32,040.... The salesman suggested it might be taking a £45 price cut!
@Biccys

Noticing you're in Lincoln (I'm actually near Sleaford) I'm guessing your order is with Charles Warner?

What you've written is exactly what I've been told by them! I'd already ordered an MG5 LR through them, also "expected" to arrive March.

Just got to be prepared to wait!!!

@Biccys

Noticing you're in Lincoln (I'm actually near Sleaford) I'm guessing your order is with Charles Warner?

What you've written is exactly what I've been told by them! I'd already ordered an MG5 LR through them, also "expected" to arrive March.

Just got to be prepared to wait!!!
Yup, but I work near Sleaford too. Bit of a trek down the A15 each morning.

Yup, but I work near Sleaford too. Bit of a trek down the A15 each morning.
Some more in the area, I'm in Grantham with an MG5 SR since Feb. Love it! Got mine from Mile's lot at Chorley at a bargain price that is now the same on WBAC!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom