Plugging into the OBD2 port???

ZSDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Very interesting info seems to be obtained from the OBD2 port on the ZS, however, is there anything that could be damaged by plugging in and if so, could MG use that action as a way to wriggle out of a warranty claim?

If the answers are both negative, what is the best device to purchase to use with an android phone?

Dave

Hi, i just purchased a Nexas Netlink plugged it in and it worked a treat giving me lots of info. When i tried to remove it seems to be locked in the socket. I know there must be a flap or something you lift or squeeze to remove it but i cannot see it. Can anyone tell me how to remove it? I have tried but don't want to break it. Can it be safely left in place?
Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi, i just purchased a Nexas Netlink plugged it in and it worked a treat giving me lots of info. When i tried to remove it seems to be locked in the socket. I know there must be a flap or something you lift or squeeze to remove it but i cannot see it. Can anyone tell me how to remove it? I have tried but don't want to break it. Can it be safely left in place?
Cheers
They just pull out straight

Upvote 0
They just pull out straight
Something stopping mine from coming out. Can it be left in place without issue?

Ok went back to car and because you said that it pulls straight out i used a bit more force and wriggled it as well. It does indeed pull straight out. Thanks. As for my other question. Can it be left plugged in or does that cause problems?

Upvote 0
They can drain the 12v battery I did leave mine in over night and it was fine was it hard to push in I have never had one stuck before and I use them all the time have you tried to wiggle it a bit

Upvote 0
Ok went back to car and because you said that it pulls straight out i used a bit more force and wriggled it as well. It does indeed pull straight out. Thanks. As for my other question. Can it be left plugged in or does that cause problems?
Mine sets off the alarm after a while if I leave it in.

Upvote 0
The nexas nexlink is classed as an insecure ODB2 scanner as it uses 1234 or 0000 as its access code and according to the manufacturer will allow for more than one device to connect so any time the port is energised such as using iSmart the ODB2 scanner can be connected to by anyone in Bluetooth range

Upvote 0
Not had that problem with

NEXAS NexLink

I've been looking to get another OBD reader, do you have any idea if it will work with an iPhone? BT wouldn't work with my Zoe, I had to get a wifi dongle.

Can you recommend an app to use with this?

Upvote 0
I've been looking to get another OBD reader, do you have any idea if it will work with an iPhone? BT wouldn't work with my Zoe, I had to get a wifi dongle.

Can you recommend an app to use with this?
The Wi-Fi ones or the newer BLE compatible ones should work. I Used a wi-fi one but then again I usually have OVMS plugged in thesedays.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom