Poor connection to iSMART App

Moscardini

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi, I know there have been a few various posts on using the iSMART app to connect to the MG4. I was trying to find out if our poor connection at home is due to issues with the esim’s service provider? I assume it’s Vodafone, unless anyone can correct me?

Also what is the purpose of connecting the car to your WiFi, if that connection is also leveraged to connect the iSMART app? Or is there something obvious I have missed with the setup?

We have only just taken delivery of our MG4 Trophy and it’s a great car, just a tad frustrating re the tech!

Thank you for all of your help.

Hi, I know there have been a few various posts on using the iSMART app to connect to the MG4. I was trying to find out if our poor connection at home is due to issues with the esim’s service provider? I assume it’s Vodafone, unless anyone can correct me?
There are already a bunch of threads on this, yes we think it is Vodafone.
Also what is the purpose of connecting the car to your WiFi, if that connection is also leveraged to connect the iSMART app? Or is there something obvious I have missed with the setup?
As far as I know the Wifi connection will work with the app too, though I have never set it up,
We have only just taken delivery of our MG4 Trophy and it’s a great car, just a tad frustrating re the tech!

Thank you for all of your help.
You are very welcome, welcome to the family.

Does anyone know how to get some sort of assistance from MG in connecting my MG4 Trophy to the app. My dealer has been no help at all. I've now had the car a week and my app connects to the account I created, as does the car, but there is no communication from the car to the app. I suspect a problem at MG's server and I may have inadvertently bound the car to an erroneous or non-existent account.

There are already a bunch of threads on this, yes we think it is Vodafone.

As far as I know the Wifi connection will work with the app too, though I have never set it up,

You are very welcome, welcome to the family.
Thanks for the update. I’ll double check the WiFi set up tonight to see if I have done anything wrong here. Any tips or suggestions would be exceptionally helpful.

Does anyone know how to get some sort of assistance from MG in connecting my MG4 Trophy to the app. My dealer has been no help at all. I've now had the car a week and my app connects to the account I created, as does the car, but there is no communication from the car to the app. I suspect a problem at MG's server and I may have inadvertently bound the car to an erroneous or non-existent account.
Try checking the. Vodafone service in your area.

Thanks, but already checked. Excellent coverage here. As I say, I suspect a problem at MG's end.
Have you tried connecting the car to your home wi-fi?
I don't know if it makes any difference as no-one seems to know what the advantage of doing it is.

have you solved the problem? the same thing happens to me.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back