Poor quality car mats

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone else had a problem with their car mats purchased from CarMats.co.uk?

I've only driven the car for just over 1000 miles and the driver's mat is already showing wear on the corners and the heel pad is in the wrong place. I've got size 11 feet and my right heel is still to far forward to actually rest on the pad.

IMG_20230810_105501823~2.jpg
IMG_20230810_105422680.jpg

I bought a set which were supposed to be one from their top notch mats. Quality is cheap and nasty in my opinion . They have done less than 3000 miles and near to knackered . I wont purchase their old tat again . You live and learn. Should be crapmats .co.uk

We got ours from Carmat.co.uk, under 2 months old . Order for our ZS was was delayed a few weeks. The drivers mat could be wider, longer and the wear pad nearer the pedals. Not great for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    646.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Mine were included with the purchase, pretty cheap and nasty but holding up 2200 miles in. likewise when I replace them I'll go elsewhere.

UPDATE:
I've been in contact with the supplier and after a couple of emails and a request for pictures they are sending me a replacement set of mats and, as I requested not to have the heel pad as they say they can not move its position, I'm also receiving a refund for the extra it cost on the original order.

Has anyone else had a problem with their car mats purchased from CarMats.co.uk?

I've only driven the car for just over 1000 miles and the driver's mat is already showing wear on the corners and the heel pad is in the wrong place. I've got size 11 feet and my right heel is still to far forward to actually rest on the pad.

View attachment 19501View attachment 19502
If it is any consolation Ian, the pukka MG ones are utter crap! Well for £75.00 quid they are.

Got a cheapo universal set from Aldi when I first got the car as a temporary measure, and they wear much better (think they were £15 :) )

If it is any consolation Ian, the pukka MG ones are utter crap! Well for £75.00 quid they are.

Got a cheapo universal set from Aldi when I first got the car as a temporary measure, and they wear much better (think they were £15 :) )
In the past I bought official Ford ones for my Mondeo and Focus from my local dealer. They were cheaper than the pattern ones available on-line and were of good quality.

I've bought a pair of cheap universal rubber mats for use in the winter. I cut them to shape using the custom ones as a template and bought some fasteners from Amazon for the driver's side so I'll use the replacements for "best." 😁

My MG4 Trophy didn't even come with any mats! So I phoned the dealer (assuming they'd been forgotten) and he told me MG don't actually provide them! And this is on the higher spec model too!! Outrageous.

UPDATE:
I've been in contact with the supplier and after a couple of emails and a request for pictures they are sending me a replacement set of mats and, as I requested not to have the heel pad as they say they can not move its position, I'm also receiving a refund for the extra it cost on the original order.
Same here with CarMats.co.uk, although the heel pads (for me) is in the wrong place, they told me , I was wrong. So I won’t be buying from them again.
Their email attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Same here with CarMats.co.uk, although the heel pads (for me) is in the wrong place, they told me , I was wrong. So I won’t be buying from them again.
They said "Our heel pads should be placed in a standard position that suit the majority of people and unfortunately we can't cater to individual driving styles and foot placements."
I've got size 11 feet and my heel sits just in front of their heel pad so how big must the majority of driver's feet be to reach the centre?
They charge an extra £1.99 for the heel pad but I bet many people would pay an extra £5 for it to be placed in the right position for them.

They said "Our heel pads should be placed in a standard position that suit the majority of people and unfortunately we can't cater to individual driving styles and foot placements."
I've got size 11 feet and my heel sits just in front of their heel pad so how big must the majority of driver's feet be to reach the centre?
They charge an extra £1.99 for the heel pad but I bet many people would pay an extra £5 for it to be placed in the right position for them.
Mine don't have heel pads but they are still as new after 4,500 miles.

I have a set of mats from carmats.co.uk and although I didn't order the cheapest option, also didn't go for the most expensive version either. Went somewhere in mid range with heel pad. Done over 3,000 miles now, and the mats still look fine. I have size 12 feet and heel pad is just about right for me. My foot rests towards the front of the heel pad, but is still on it.

I have a set of mats from carmats.co.uk and although I didn't order the cheapest option, also didn't go for the most expensive version either. Went somewhere in mid range with heel pad. Done over 3,000 miles now, and the mats still look fine. I have size 12 feet and heel pad is just about right for me. My foot rests towards the front of the heel pad, but is still on it.
I went for their mid-range too, and they seem decent quality to me, I guess time will tell :/

The replacement mats have just arrived. The refund for the heel pad was in my bank account on Monday and they have supplied ones with a red trim, which I cheekily requested, for free instead of the usual £4.99.
Whatever I think about the placement of the heel pad I can't fault their customer service.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom