Poor quality car mats

Just put these rubber ones in my XPower, from carmats.co.uk. They were a lot more than the cheapest option but look convincing and I expect they will last:

IMG-20231231-WA0016.jpg

I also bought the cheaper mats from carmats.co.uk. Kudos to them for getting an MG4 set of mats out so quickly after the car launched but mine have all started to curl and the driver mat sometimes catches on the accelerator. I ordered the official mats yesterday, hopefully they will be of better quality.

Me too ... the Super version. (There was also a 10% discount code when I bought).

I just ordered from Official Car Mats. They had a great score from over 5000 trustpilot reviews so I'll let you know how they are. Cheaper than carmats.co.uk too
Where did you get yours? I got mine on ebay from The Chorley Group in Burnley, £75

Just fitted them today, much nice quality than the "grand" grade mats from carmats.co.uk that started to curl up after a few months.

Attachments

• 20240127_201431.jpg
    20240127_201431.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240127_201609.jpg
    20240127_201609.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 45
Those do look good. Is yours the newer model with rear wiper? I only ask as the foot rest and pedals are different. I like the brushed metal/rubber pedals, look good.

Those do look good. Is yours the newer model with rear wiper? I only ask as the foot rest and pedals are different. I like the brushed metal/rubber pedals, look good.
No this is the Trophy model I ordered a year ago and got in March 2023. The pedals are from aliexpress :LOL:

Theres a thread where I posted about them last year somewhere in this forum

Where did you get yours? I got mine on ebay from The Chorley Group in Burnley, £75

Just fitted them today, much nice quality than the "grand" grade mats from carmats.co.uk that started to curl up after a few months.
For comparison ... the Grand mats are less than half that price. 🤷‍♂️

I got the Super mats (currently £49.99) and they're still in good nick after 14 months

Last edited by a moderator:
For comparison ... the Grand mats are less than half that price. 🤷‍♂️

I got the Super mats (currently £49.99) and they're still and good nick after 14 months
Yeah I know they weren't the most expensive but I wouldn't have expected them to start curling after a few months, that was the only thing that made me want to replace them.

Oh and the footrest pedal is meant for an Mercedes GLA but fits over the MG4 one perfectly

Heres my original thread if you're interested: Brake Accelerator Pedal Plates

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
And as I've said, my (higher priced but from the same vendor, yet still significantly cheaper than yours) mats are fine after 14 months.

Maybe the moral is ... you get what you pay for?

And as I've said, my (higher priced but from the same vendor, yet still significantly cheaper than yours) mats are fine after 14 months.

Maybe the moral is ... you get what you pay for?
Indeed lesson learnt. I'm not dissing carmats.co.uk, they were the only vendor selling mg4 tailored mats when I ordered the car last year (I mean that as a positive point for them, not that I had no other choice, cos I could have ordered the official ones) and as you've said their higher grade mats are good quality.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom