Possible MG ZS EV Parking Aid System Fault

Andrew Sinclair

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Before about a week or so ago, whenever I put the vehicle into reverse I heard a short beep followed by no sound until the rear of the vehicle was in proximity to an obstruction.

However, now when I put the vehicle in reverse the sound is continuous irrespective of proximity.

I have cleaned the sensors but no change in behaviour.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the cause and solution?

Thanks

Andrew

I haven't seen anything specific for this car but on my other (ICE) car it means there is a system fault.

What version of the system software are you running?

You can find this out in the infotainment in the Options > System page. Looking for the infotainment software version starts with SWI17 and ends with 1300R**.

Thanks, I’ll make enquiries.

Why would the fault have started a week or so ago when the software hasn’t been updated within the last 10 months?

Thanks, I’ll make enquiries.

Why would the fault have started a week or so ago when the software hasn’t been updated within the last 10 months?
Possibly a bug that's linked to a file somewhere in the management system that's a expired file driver/certificate and that's why they've suddenly gone wonky on you as the file recently expired as the developers anticipated that a update would be done within that time frame that would recertify the file concerned.

What model of ZS do you have?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom