Post your MG ZS EV battery SOH data please

1 Year old, 15,600miles. (Half during bad BMS). Readings taken in Full Ready mode before balance has finished but 100% charged.
Voltage 449.0 V
Current 0.875 A
Cell Max 4.164 V
Cell Min 4.148 V
SoC 92.9%
SoH 98.79%

A small side point, it's interesting that your voltage is over 450v with the "latest" bms, averaging almost 451.75-452.0V. Pretty much everyone else (12of12 UK cars data I have) top out between 448.25-450.25v. You do have a different build of the BMS in AUS to UK, but I wonder if it is more temperature related as you'd think they'd have also set the same new voltage limits/buffer.

I believe our BMS in Australia has different levels when it claims to be 0% and 100% to the UK. Maximum Raw SOC we get is 94%. Minimum extrapolated (I never got all the way down to run out) about 2%. Maybe that is better for our, on average, warmer climate?

I'm currently only charging when solar power is enough and with cloudy/rainy days don't get near 100% to check GOM.

car is 6 months old
SOH still 100%
km driven 10600
DC charge about 30% of that, many of them to 95-100% (charger allowing)
AC charges: only about 15 to 20 times to 100% with balance

cell voltage delta when fully balanced is ~14mV, never got any lower than 13mV when full and usually not much different before a balance (so I don't think I'll balance in future, unless that gap widens)

at times cell voltage delta has been as low as 5 or 6mV when AC charging from around 30% SOC, widening to over 20mV around 50% SOC, then dropping back down to 15mV

Last edited:
Here is my data taken from the service centre computer. The SOH is apparently at 100 percent (seen in bottom right of the picture) after 18 months and 12,000 miles.
Oh wow, you actually got to see MGs service computer screen :)
Did you get to see anything else interesting that we don't know about!?

Oh wow, you actually got to see MGs service computer screen :)
Did you get to see anything else interesting that we don't know about!?
Such as? I was allowed to go in and look around. It was just a typical service centre with lifts, parts room and a waiting lounge. The dealeship selling the ZS also own this large service centre and they sent an employee with me to make things quicker. The general manager had already called the service head who received us. Perhaps you are pulling my leg!

Such as? I was allowed to go in and look around. It was just a typical service centre with lifts, parts room and a waiting lounge. The dealeship selling the ZS also own this large service centre and they sent an employee with me to make things quicker. The general manager had already called the service head who received us. Perhaps you are pulling my leg!
No it really would be interesting if you got any more photos of what's shows on MG service computer screen.
We've gotten access to various bits of data via OBD2, but it'd be interesting to see if there's any more bits of info that are available but we haven't worked out yet.

I was particularly wondering if somehow it is possible to see each of the cell voltages, rather than just the min & max voltage from each of the 9 cell packs.

No it really would be interesting if you got any more photos of what's shows on MG service computer screen.
We've gotten access to various bits of data via OBD2, but it'd be interesting to see if there's any more bits of info that are available but we haven't worked out yet.

I was particularly wondering if somehow it is possible to see each of the cell voltages, rather than just the min & max voltage from each of the 9 cell packs.
Yes, you could choose any single value or a combination of values and add them to the scan. I had requested battery SOH and the technician chose those items. I will take more photos of various screens the next time. There were hundreds of items in the menu which then led to sub menus and so on.

Yes, you could choose any single value or a combination of values and add them to the scan. I had requested battery SOH and the technician chose those items. I will take more photos of various screens the next time. There were hundreds of items in the menu which then led to sub menus and so on.
Something else that'd be useful to see, is if they can read out the charging history on their MG service computer - how many rapid charges/AC chargers etc.

Something else that'd be useful to see, is if they can read out the charging history on their MG service computer - how many rapid charges/AC chargers etc.
This is good info if ever you’re buying an EV second hand.

My SOH is still showing 100% in OVMS - Is this not the correct value?

SOH - 100%
Miles = 35,486
Age = 1Yr 9Mths
Rapids = Only on long journeys, so I'd guess about 60+ rapids in that time.
I regulary charge to 100% on my Zappi - probably every other day.

BMS = 0603610R28
Fully battery showing 455V

1630568954299.png

SOH - 100%
Miles = 35,486
Age = 1Yr 9Mths

BMS = 0603610R28

View attachment 4643
Looks excellent.

SOH - 100%
Miles = 35,486
Age = 1Yr 9Mths

BMS = 0603610R28

View attachment 4643
Wow, that is absolutely amazing if that is the case.

A way to verify this; would be to do the 100% AC charge & balance GOM test:
Start car without HV battery engaged/without pressing brake pedal.
No AC or anything else on/under no load.
Reset your trips.
Read your GOM range in Normal(3) mode.
At 100% SOH & 100% SOC, it should show 163miles.
[GOM Miles shown] Divided by 163 Multiplied by 100 = reasonably accurately the SOH %.

Wow, that is absolutely amazing if that is the case.

A way to verify this; would be to do the 100% AC charge & balance GOM test:
Start car without HV battery engaged/without pressing brake pedal.
No AC or anything else on/under no load.
Reset your trips.
Read your GOM range in Normal(3) mode.
At 100% SOH & 100% SOC, it should show 163miles.
[GOM Miles shown] Divided by 163 Multiplied by 100 = reasonably accurately the SOH %.
My displayed mileage is 155 when all reset when fully charged

My displayed mileage is 155 when all reset when fully charged
Bang on the same here @Mark Holmes .
Car now 20 months old and covered over 14,000 miles.
Voltage on the pack after a full charge and balance yesterday, still at 449 volts with a predicted range of 155 miles in default mode normal and Regen level 3.
I have proven that even if you have a VERY small mileage still showing on your trip(s) it will increase the predicted range on the GOM.
After the full charge & balance, I had only 8 miles stored on one of the trips.
The predicted mileage on the GOM on boot up was 164 miles.
As soon as I reset the trip, it drop the range on the GOM down to 155 miles.
This MAYBE ( or not ) worth noting for anybody who has the latest BMS update and would like to see a FAIRLY accurate prediction of range, when taking on a journey that they have never done before, that is likely to stretch the range of the car.
I understand that some may think this is unnecessary, but I like to see a more realistic figure than an over inflated range reported by the GOM myself.
Setting off on a unfamiliar long trip, relying on a unrealistic over stated prediction of 200+ could leave you coming up short !.
Each to there own on this one folks.

Bang on the same here @Mark Holmes .
Car now 20 months old and covered over 14,000 miles.
Voltage on the pack after a full charge and balance yesterday, still at 449 volts with a predicted range of 155 miles in default mode normal and Regen level 3.
I have proven that even if you have a VERY small mileage still showing on your trip(s) it will increase the predicted range on the GOM.
After the full charge & balance, I had only 8 miles stored on one of the trips.
The predicted mileage on the GOM on boot up was 164 miles.
As soon as I reset the trip, it drop the range on the GOM down to 155 miles.
This MAYBE ( or not ) worth noting for anybody who has the latest BMS update and would like to see a FAIRLY accurate prediction of range, when taking on a journey that they have never done before, that is likely to stretch the range of the car.
I understand that some may think this is unnecessary, but I like to see a more realistic figure than an over inflated range reported by the GOM myself.
Setting off on a unfamiliar long trip, relying on a unrealistic over stated prediction of 200+ could leave you coming up short !.
Each to there own on this one folks.
This is very true, I now fully reset my GOM every day to start with the most reliable estimate, mine will, particularly at present always increase my possible range from the base line estimate of 155.

This is very true, I now fully reset my GOM every day to start with the most reliable estimate, mine will, particularly at present always increase my possible range from the base line estimate of 155.
When the car received the latest BMS update, almost on the day it was released !.
The original figures on the pack and GOM where as follows.
Voltage flickered between 449 - 450 volts.
Predicted mileage on the GOM was hoovering around the 162 - 163 area.
My car was never affected by the “Buggy” software, but received the update under instruction from MG Tech.
I am thinking that over the last nine months after the update, the car has been learning and revaluing the actual condition of the pack, because when the new update was applied everything has been reset to a new base line after the software update.
Maybe if your car was pretty new and with low mileage, the predicted 162 miles would stay constant after the reset.
But with older cars with more miles covered, the predicted mileage after a charge is likely to reduce to reflect a closer real state of the SOH of the pack ?.
Interesting to see where and when it bottoms out I guess ?.
A friend has only covered less than 3,000 miles in his 11 month old Exclusive and he is still seeing a predicted range of 163 miles of range on the GOM after a full charge.
I am currently unable to see the actual SOH of my pack ( no OBD dongle ) but if 163 miles is common starting point and we are now seeing 155 - 156 of reported range, then my crap “Man Maths” suggests a rough estimate of a 5% degradation in the pack ?.
Therefore a rough guess of a SOH of 95% ish of course ?????.
What is your view in this estimate ?.

When the car received the latest BMS update, almost on the day it was released !.
The original figures on the pack and GOM where as follows.
Voltage flickered between 449 - 450 volts.
Predicted mileage on the GOM was hoovering around the 162 - 163 area.
My car was never affected by the “Buggy” software, but received the update under instruction from MG Tech.
I am thinking that over the last nine months after the update, the car has been learning and revaluing the actual condition of the pack, because when the new update was applied everything has been reset to a new base line after the software update.
Maybe if your car was pretty new and with low mileage, the predicted 162 miles would stay constant after the reset.
But with older cars with more miles covered, the predicted mileage after a charge is likely to reduce to reflect a closer real state of the SOH of the pack ?.
Interesting to see where and when it bottoms out I guess ?.
A friend has only covered less than 3,000 miles in his 11 month old Exclusive and he is still seeing a predicted range of 163 miles of range on the GOM after a full charge.
I am currently unable to see the actual SOH of my pack ( no OBD dongle ) but if 163 miles is common starting point and we are now seeing 155 - 156 of reported range, then my crap “Man Maths” suggests a rough estimate of a 5% degradation in the pack ?.
Therefore a rough guess of a SOH of 95% ish of course ?????.
What is your view in this estimate ?.
I agree, as my SOH is about 95% from my OBD2 readings

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom