power restriction

Tezza

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just had MG4 in for first service.There seems to now be a power restriction whe you need extra to get up a hill or overtake,The garage said to charge to 100% on a high powered charger which I have done, but this has not solved the problem. Any ideas?

Is it this problem?

Just had MG4 in for first service.There seems to now be a power restriction whe you need extra to get up a hill or overtake,The garage said to charge to 100% on a high powered charger which I have done, but this has not solved the problem. Any ideas?

Which driving mode are you in ?

Did they do any software updates while the car was in? If yes then it sounds like one or more of the updates didn't "take" properly, so they'll need to redo the updates.
Yes, several updates, and it's been back to the dealers where they've gone through the updates and redone them, but I'm still stuck with the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion is to let the battery go to 5%, leave it for a couple hours, then charge on the granny or a 7kW charger until it stops charging by itself, which will be some time after it has reached 100%
Chances are, if indeed all modules are up to date, some of the cells in the battery are discharging faster than others and the BMS is panicking unnecessarily. Letting the car see 5% for a few hours will allow the low charge voltages to stabilise. You might need to repeat the process a couple times.

Teslas do this if you activate engineering mode and is not unique to MG

Is it this problem?
Not really, it seems to function normally until it gets to between 40 and 60 depending if you are on a hill or not and then there is nothing more underfoot

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back