Preheating Heated Seats

johnnyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just an FYI, if you’re preheating the seats or using the app to control them, they are the wrong way round 🙈🙈🙈 if you preheat the drivers side, it heats the passenger and vice versa. 🙈🙈🙈

Just something to be aware of when the colder months come and you think you’re getting your seat cosy and warm! ;)

I’m UK based and my car is RHD, it just seems the app is set up for LHD!

Attachments

• 46A4280F-0ED7-45CE-8A8C-81615836869E.jpeg
    46A4280F-0ED7-45CE-8A8C-81615836869E.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Just an FYI, if you’re preheating the seats or using the app to control them, they are the wrong way round 🙈🙈🙈 if you preheat the drivers side, it heats the passenger and vice versa. 🙈🙈🙈

Just something to be aware of when the colder months come and you think you’re getting your seat cosy and warm! ;)

My app doesn’t look like this, I don’t seem to have settings for seats. I have the app “MG iSmart” v1.07 on iPhone. Do I have wrong app?

edit - ignore me, I just found it :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yes, I tested this this morning. In the screenshot posted by johnnyc, what matters is the position of the seats. So turning on the right hand seat turns on the driver's seat in the UK. just ignore the word 'driver' in the display.

My app doesn’t look like this, I don’t seem to have settings for seats. I have the app “MG iSmart” v1.07 on iPhone. Do I have wrong app?

edit - ignore me, I just found it :rolleyes:
Hi im looking for the seat preheat function on the app and can't find it whee did you find ?

Splodgie does the first picture not show it within climate control on the app. As the guru states model dependent.

Hi im looking for the seat preheat function on the app and can't find it whee did you find ?
First you need to turn on AC using the slider at the bottom of the screen and entering your pin. Once activated you get to the screen shown above by pressing the newly appeared blue HVAC icon on the top right. If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to get a screenshot

Last edited:
I don't have climate control tab on my app. I do have a remote control tab but seats arn't listed only switching on the cabin AC for 10 mins

ooohhhh ive found it now thanks

Pretty brilliant. Just received my MG4 Trophy yesterday (the newest one, with rear wiper and R40 as software) and yeah, I wouldn't have thought of this to find the pre-heat function.

First you need to turn on AC using the slider at the bottom of the screen and entering your pin. Once activated you get to the screen shown above by pressing the newly appeared blue HVAC icon on the top right. If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll try to get a screenshot
Then you have to swipe across for the seats.
Yes, I tested this this morning. In the screenshot posted by johnnyc, what matters is the position of the seats. So turning on the right hand seat turns on the driver's seat in the UK. just ignore the word 'driver' in the display.
I've not used the seat pre-heater function yet, but just to clarify then, if I want to heat my seat (driver's) I select the passenger one in the app ?

Anyone else found that you get a failure message when you try to activate it if your car is plugged into a charger (but not charging) ?

Then you have to swipe across for the seats.

I've not used the seat pre-heater function yet, but just to clarify then, if I want to heat my seat (driver's) I select the passenger one in the app ?
Yes. MG have got the seats mixed up.

Anyone else found that you get a failure message when you try to activate it if your car is plugged into a charger (but not charging) ?
I'm sure that scenario cropped up last winter, worked when plugged in and charging, worked when not plugged in.
Didn't work when still plugged in and finished charging, people were having to go outside and unplug it and then turn it own (kind of defeats the purpose)

Supposedly there's a fix for that - I'll find out when mine goes for the first service in November.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back