Problem switching to Intelligent Octopus tariff

Staffex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'm currently on a Flexible Octopus tariff and have experienced a problem switching to their Intelligent Octopus tariff in readiness for the delivery of my MG5. (I've installed an Ohme Home Pro charger which Octopus claim will work in conjunction with the IO tariff.). Unfortunately, a bug in the Octopus web page puts me into an endless loop once I enter my details and click 'continue'. I emailed Octopus about the problem and was advised to use their phone app instead to switch to their IO tariff. However, unlike the web page, the phone app doesn't list the MG5 - or even MG - and all I could do was 'request an integration'. In the meantime I must remain with the Flexible Octopus tariff. I contacted Octopus again about the problem and was assured they're "constantly working to update the app". I understand that other forum members are already successfully using their MGs in conjunction with Intelligent Octopus; I would like to join them! Can anyone suggest a solution to my tariff switching problem?

Hi SimonomiS, thanks for your advice. I've just selected 'Chargers' within the phone app, followed by 'Get Started' and 'Ohme'. Then up comes the message: "To get setup, you'll need to: 1 Plug your car in at home. We will switch you to the Intelligent Octopus tariff shortly after successfully completing a Test Charge." So it looks like I'll just have to be patient and wait until my car is delivered.

Incidentally, I've just checked the Intelligent Octopus website again (Intelligent Octopus). The second question asks me to select the make and model of my car... 'MG' & 'MG5 EV Long Range' both appear in the dropdown lists but the loop bug prevents any further progress.

Upvote 0
Hi SimonomiS, thanks for your advice. I've just selected 'Chargers' within the phone app, followed by 'Get Started' and 'Ohme'. Then up comes the message: "To get setup, you'll need to: 1 Plug your car in at home. We will switch you to the Intelligent Octopus tariff shortly after successfully completing a Test Charge." So it looks like I'll just have to be patient and wait until my car is delivered.

Incidentally, I've just checked the Intelligent Octopus website again (Intelligent Octopus). The second question asks me to select the make and model of my car... 'MG' & 'MG5 EV Long Range' both appear in the dropdown lists but the loop bug prevents any further progress.
Ah yes, it needs to connect remotely with the charger and then establish the handshaking connection. When I set mine up it was very quick but you will need to have the car to get it up & running!

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom