Problem with forward facing camera

BillyWhizz

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Only had the car two weeks and now the mornings are getting cold every morning I keep getting a warning saying front camera blocked I checked this morning and it’s misted up anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• 0D7EAB7A-86BE-4FCE-81E5-FD63D31A6375.jpeg
    0D7EAB7A-86BE-4FCE-81E5-FD63D31A6375.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 181
I had a similar problem on my previous non-mg car.

The solution for me was to put a moisture absorbing pouch in the car. It needed to be dried out in the microwave about once a week.

I had an MG ZS ev now own a MG5lr and also own a 38 Kwh Ioniq, it has a built in auto demist function (ADS) to keep windows clear. People on the Ioniq forum are complaining about it! They don't like the cold air the system pushes into the cabin to clear the misting up problem. There is also a page on this topic on the Honest John web page the same issue in the Ford Focus and the Skoda Citigo comes up as well in a google search. So it seems that many modern cars have this problem, it is not just an MG problem and opening a window maybe the easiest way to get to clear the widows. Here are some posts about Hyundai's problems
HCondensation problems 'Anyone got a good way of stopping condensation on inner car windows. I find my new car very bad for condensation on inside windows when cold and it take a age to clear with fans on full. Anyone got any tips on how to reduce build up.
Have you found this to be a problematic on these models.' https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/condensation.18706/ere's the link to the Ioniq forum 3 posts relating to this problem.
Auto defog annoying Is there any way to turn off the auto defogger? It’ll be cold and I’ll keep trying to put the front and leg heaters on and the car switches to auto Defog. Then if I try to switch it back to hands and feet right away, it goes back to auto defog for a few minutes. ''Auto defog annoying
Window fogging up problem Hi fellow Ioniq Owners,
Winter is here and once again we all have to deal with our window fogging up quite significantly. I have owned 3 other cars but never had window fogging up like the Ioniq.
How do you deal with window fogging up in your Ioniq? Do you use any product like Rain-X antifog or anything like that? Does it help?
Window fogging up problem

My ZS did it this morning and my last Prius used to do it.
It soon clears when you put the screen demister on with the ZS.
The Prius wasn't so quick to clear as the camera housing was sealed to the screen, the ZS housing doesn't seem to be sealed, so it clears quicker.

Only had the car two weeks and now the mornings are getting cold every morning I keep getting a warning saying front camera blocked I checked this morning and it’s misted up anyone else have this problem?
Thanks for bringing this up. It happened to me last week. Didnt realise the cold morning would do that. My error message eventually went away after 10 mins of driving.

Had the same issue last Thursday morning on my way to work. I put it down to the low sun. Every time I drove into a shaded part of the road the warning cleared and returned after about 5 to 10 seconds when driving in the low sun.

Had the same issue last Thursday morning on my way to work. I put it down to the low sun. Every time I drove into a shaded part of the road the warning cleared and returned after about 5 to 10 seconds when driving in the low sun.
I have witnessed the same thing numerous times on our previous Gen1 ZS EV and am sure it reacts the same on our Gen 2 model.

Last edited:
Same story with my gen 1 mg zs ev. I put dehumidifier pouch in the front and back windows. It sorted the issue. Only problem is that I had to pop them in the microwave once a week.

My ZS Trophy gave me the same msg this week early in the morning. I wiped the camera with my finger and the msg disappeared.

My ZS did it this morning and my last Prius used to do it.
It soon clears when you put the screen demister on with the ZS.
The Prius wasn't so quick to clear as the camera housing was sealed to the screen, the ZS housing doesn't seem to be sealed, so it clears quicker.
I get the same sometimes on our 2020 Mk1 ZSEV but as Kithmo says, it’s clears with the screen heater on within 3 or 4 mins. I’m very impressed with the window clearing speed!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom