Problem with the app

procad

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello everyone,
I have a zs ev 2022 and I have a problem with my smartphone application account. If I try to link my account the application on the machine (infotaiment) starts to malfunction and the app on the phone does not work.
Did the same thing happen to anyone?
The dealership told me to wait until an update comes out but it doesn't seem to come out. This is the version currently installed: SWI17-29176-1300R19

Thanks
Franco

Just got my ZS EV yesterday, and was a bit worried, reading all of the posts about people that used days to get it working.

To be fair mine connected right up, no problems and it seems to work, i have not seen anything "malfunction" though.

Only thing i found with the app is, it is slooooow.

Takes anywhere between 20-60 seconds from opening the app, until i can see the actual data from the car, and a couple of times i even had to wait until it timed out, and try refreshing.

My firmware is the same as yours so this is probably the latest as of right now.

Did the dealer specifically tell you that an update was coming, that fixed this specific problem you have, or was it more of a "Tell the costumer to wait until next firmware update, and pray, this solves their problem.....And if not, atleast we got the costumer off of our backs for now" ? :)

Is your car bound to another phone? You can unbind and then bind your phone. There are a few posts on how to fix it. :)

Just got my ZS EV yesterday, and was a bit worried, reading all of the posts about people that used days to get it working.

To be fair mine connected right up, no problems and it seems to work, i have not seen anything "malfunction" though.

Takes anywhere between 20-60 seconds from opening the app, until i can see the actual data from the car, and a couple of times i even had to wait until it timed out, and try refreshing.

My firmware is the same as yours so this is probably the latest as of right now.

Did the dealer specifically tell you that an update was coming, that fixed this specific problem you have, or was it more of a "Tell the costumer to wait until next firmware update, and pray, this solves their problem.....And if not, atleast we got the costumer off of our backs for now" ? :)
My wife has a VW e-Up! and the We Connect app is similarly slow. I think it is normal given the 'phone with the app has to connect to a server, that then has to connect via the cellular network to the car and get feedback to transfer. So it's not straight from the 'phone to the car. My BMW 225Xe also takes time for the same reason, I think.

I believe the app doesn't directly connect to the car, it goes via a server somewhere in Europe which is why there is some latency

I’ve not managed to bind mine.rang dealer yesterday to be told there’s a uk issue. Maybe a server down. They said keep trying

I’ve not managed to bind mine.rang dealer yesterday to be told there’s a uk issue. Maybe a server down. They said keep trying
It may be the same set-up as my wife's e-Up!. I had to get in touch with VW in Germany because the SIM card had not been enabled - waiting for a purchase. I had to wait a couple of days after they contacted me in response - and then - it worked.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom