Procedure to reset binded car from unknown user

Email received. I've requested unbinding via MG HQ. Will let you know once completed.
Hi Miles,
Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Just received an email from a very kind gentleman called Gary Smart with the MG, who is also known to help a lot of people with the same issue, and the problem has now been resolved!
Thank you so very much, all the same, and wishing you all the best, kind sir.

Hi all.

I recently purchased an ex demo ZS SR. When I tried to bind my phone I got a message indicating that the car was already bound.

Initially the dealership thought it was one of their phones but now that looks not to be the case, good chance someone did this on a test drive.

I've left it with them to resolve and also contacted customer services, who directed me back to the dealer.

Is there an established process to reset in these circumstances? I don't need to know the detail, just who should fix and if there is a reference number for a service bulletin.

This situation is bound to happen so I'm sure it would be useful for others.

Many thanks in advance.
Rest the infotainment system works (preference in the Settings); also pulling the neg battery terminal.

You don't need to unbind the car just to change phone/device.

The car is bound to the account (email or mobile number, depending which you set up the account with), not the device which you installed the app on.

So if you have the account on a phone, you should just log in and it would automatically copy across the binding from the tablet. You don't need to do the binding process again.
My phone did an update and now doesn’t recognise it’s bound to my car. My car still saying it’s bound but despite my log in details saying the same it won’t find the car 😣

We updated the iPhone OS (this might not be necessary) then logged in with phone number (email login is causing the issue it seems). Works fine now.

My phone did an update and now doesn’t recognise it’s bound to my car. My car still saying it’s bound but despite my log in details saying the same it won’t find the car 😣
If still having problems, drop me an email - [email protected]

Hello Milles, i'm in the same situation as Aussi55. Are you still able to unbinding cars ?

If yes which information do you need ?
I'm looking for a solution for 4month.
You should be one of my last chance

Many thanks

Unfortunately due to a change in process at MG UK, I'm no longer able to do this. You will need to email [email protected] and send them your VIN number (chassis number) together with a proof of ownership (eg. copy of order form, or V5C registration document), and ask them to do an iSmart reset.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom