Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

The SOH it reads from the ECU... But it's likely MG have set it to fudge the results (I have read that Tesla did that too).
Most people after one year would see about 1% degradation.
I suspect there probably is an issue with degradation and that's why they played around with the buffer levels to try and reduce it.

The SOH it reads from the ECU... But it's likely MG have set it to fudge the results (I have read that Tesla did that too).
Most people after one year would see about 1% degradation.
I suspect there probably is an issue with degradation and that's why they played around with the buffer levels to try and reduce it.
That’s what I was expecting to be honest; it’s disappointing if MG have fudged the results shown.

This now fits nicely with what I was told by service, that MG had sent a further update out. It would be nice to know why the need for a second update, and also why other dealers appear not to know about this?
Exactly what I was thinking, it's the one they mentioned to you...

Check what the app SoC is at 100% dash charge... I'm guessing the difference is the upper buffer, another possibility is that it's imbalance of the cells too.
For me there was a 3% difference
Ah, you got a different value too, hmm.
I'll check it in the morning when it's fully charged.

Yeah, exactly the same, rather ropey but managed to get a screen shot of each tab eventually.
He's releasing it as he develops it.
Have to be careful to not put the tablet/phone down flat else it easily switches between portrait/landscape and that crashes it.
I get 5mins before it crashes

Can anyone tell me which android app they are using in conjunction with their obd2 dongle please. version 1.2.1 is mentioned but not the app associated to it

I've put it on the ECU version spreadsheet thread, but incase you don't see it there.

Rather than ask everyone what their model is...
IF you have an EXCITE and have given me your version data, please let me know. Thanks, it may explain the different HVAC version.

Dear all my OBD2 device arrived today, please see info from my car attached.
Question, the app for me kept crashing has anyone else suffered from this problem.
Also locked the car with the OBD2 still attached and the car alarm activated, is this normal?
My SOH says 100% is that the battery condition / degradation after 15000+ miles meaning that I have lost any battery capacity?
I hope this all helps with the gathering of info.
Car was purchased in March 20.
Comfort 2 added in May
BMS update on 23 Feb 21.
You have all the same ECU values as myself.
Car bought Nov 20
BMS update 3rd March 21

Same problem with app, kept stopping saying ZS EV gone to sleep or words to that effect.

I've not been logging peoples SOH type data, just the versions.

Spreadsheet now updated.
@Gomev have you got some details for last updated/registered etc for the spreadsheet?
@JodyS21 Bought Nov 20 BMS updated 3rd March 21, no graphics, (exclusive).
I think you may have copied the wrong SCU for @Mark Holmes as I'm sure he has the same as me ...C0807
P.S. not keen on the black text on dark grey background in the spreadsheet, makes reading very hard but otherwise great work, well done and thanks.

Last edited:
Mine and my mum's car were excite models 👍
@Chrisb
On the version screen shots, your HVAC info isn't complete.
Can you try it again and see if you can get a complete version number for it.
If it's A036 rather than C036, then the excite model will explain it.
Thanks

@JodyS21 Bought Nov 20 BMS updated 3rd March 21, no graphics, (exclusive).
I think you may have copied the wrong SCU for @Mark Holmes as I'm sure he has the same as me ...C0807
P.S. not keen on the black text on dark grey background in the spreadsheet, makes reading very hard but otherwise great work, well done and thanks.
Just checked @Mark Holmes screen shot data again, it is C0812....
I'll change the colour good idea.
Given how much data we have now, could do with the spreadsheet being reversed columns/rows, that'll take me ages though!

So, checked the SOC etc this morning, full charge & balance (had been on all night).
(The App SoC does not match what the car says...)

App said:
SoH 100%
SoC 93.2%
Voltage 449.75v
Cell Max Volt 4.169v
Cell Min Volt 4.153v

Car dash said:
449 Volts
(GOM 162mls in N3 - Trips reset)

After journey out
(6.2mls / 27mph / 00:13h / 2.9MpKwh)

App said:
SoC 88.6%
Voltage 442.75v
Cell Max Volt 4.101v
Cell Min Volt 4.085v

Car dash said:
442 Volts
(GOM 151mls in N3)

After journey home
(12.3mls / 24mph / 00:29h / 2.9MpKwh)

App said:
SoC 84.5%
Voltage 437.0v
Cell Max Volt 4.048v
Cell Min Volt 4.034v

Car dash said:
437 Volts
(GOM 142mls in N3)

Interesting. Is there a direct correlation between battery voltage and soc that could be plotted? This would mean that a user could find % soc by viewing the voltage. Not sure how useful that would be but I know some ZS owners have asked for the reundant battery button to show %soc.

So, checked the SOC etc this morning, full charge & balance (had been on all night).
(The App SoC does not match what the car says...)

App said:
SoH 100%
SoC 93.2%
Voltage 449.75v
Cell Max Volt 4.169v
Cell Min Volt 4.153v

Car dash said:
449 Volts
(GOM 162mls in N3 - Trips reset)

After journey out
(6.2mls / 27mph / 00:13h / 2.9MpKwh)

App said:
SoC 88.6%
Voltage 442.75v
Cell Max Volt 4.101v
Cell Min Volt 4.085v

Car dash said:
442 Volts
(GOM 151mls in N3)

After journey home
(12.3mls / 24mph / 00:29h / 2.9MpKwh)

App said:
SoC 84.5%
Voltage 437.0v
Cell Max Volt 4.048v
Cell Min Volt 4.034v

Car dash said:
437 Volts
(GOM 142mls in N3)
So can we rely on what the app is telling us?

Just a thought - is battery soh also directly linked to voltage? As our cars grow older and the batteries degrade will we still achieve for example 450v in a fully balanced HV battery pack or will this naturally reduce over time as the pack degrades?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom