Public vs home charging

Abaker Mk2

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have been monitoring the amount of miles I get when charging at home compared to using public chargers.

I can definitely tell when I charge at home I get more miles and can only guess the public chargers don’t use green energy. Any thoughts?

Same here the CO2 associated electrons are slightly heavier and so need a higher voltage to provide the same current that the lighter electrons generate with a lower voltage. On sunnier days I get much more solar generated electrons which are lighter and so more efficient.

I find it depends on the date. I get double the range for the same price today when the electrons are lighter ;)

Same here the CO2 associated electrons are slightly heavier and so need a higher voltage to provide the same current that the lighter electrons generate with a lower voltage. On sunnier days I get much more solar generated electrons which are lighter and so more efficient.
Couldn’t have said it better myself!

I have been monitoring the amount of miles I get when charging at home compared to using public chargers.

I can definitely tell when I charge at home I get more miles and can only guess the public chargers don’t use green energy. Any thoughts?
Is that rapid or fast public chargers? Rapid chargers use DC so there are fewer losses as fast chargers use AC and it has to be converted to DC. Slower charging at home will give the BMS time to do a more accurate GOM calculation.

Green electricity depends on the time of day, the grid is greener when demand is lower.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom