• Don’t want to answer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sinhaEVnoob

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just wanted to canvas thoughts on how many punctures people have had since getting their MG. I had 20 years of never getting a puncture in other cars and now have replaced 3 of the MG tyres in just 9 months.

Would also like views on the electric pump provided to inflate tyres. Mine blows the fuse in the cigarette lighter. Doesn’t seem as good as my Halfords one that I bought for another car.

Just wanted to canvas thoughts on how many punctures people have had since getting their MG. I had 20 years of never getting a puncture in other cars and now have replaced 3 of the MG tyres in just 9 months.

Would also like views on the electric pump provided to inflate tyres. Mine blows the fuse in the cigarette lighter. Doesn’t seem as good as my Halfords one that I bought for another car.
No punctures on either of the ZS EV’s models we have owned ( as of yet ).
I have used the provided air pump to inflate the tyres on our previous Gen1 ZS EV and it was okay.
I think these units are intended for serious use to be honest.
A third party quality built unit, is likely to be a better longer term option I think.
Not used the MG unit it on our Gen2 model as of yet.
We also have a 12 volt Halo Bolt jumper pack unit, that has the addition of an air pump built in.
It is powered by the battery in the unit and is not reliant on the cars 12 volt system.
I have always carried a large can of Holts tyre weld as a back up plan.
We also have the optional MG space saver emergency wheel 🛞 kit.
I have tried to cover as many bases as I possibly can with regards to getting a puncture 🤣.

The pump worked just fine for me, did what was supposed to do.

Update: told MG garage about it and they replaced the pump as it was indeed faulty. Still worried how often this car attracts punctures.

I've only had 1 puncture is 2 years of owning a MG5, that was a screw and the tyre got fixed.

My previous car has run flats, in 4 years i had a puncture in every tyre, some more than once.

Interestingly i do double the mileage now than in my previous car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom