Q - how to cancel ACC without dabbing brake

MartinSEsr

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi, I use ACC a lot and like it.

Obviously it is set to the current speed by pushing the steering wheel symbol on the steering wheel.
The previous set sped can be resumed by pushing the LH toggle up when not active.
When active speed + - 5 is via toggle up / down, follow distance by toggle L-R

My question is how to cancel ACC temporarily - Imagine ACC set to 40 but there's an island ahead, so I want to cancel ACC speed and slow down naturally a few hundred m before the island. I'l lthen toggle up to resume ACC 40 mph again after the island.

Tapping the brake cancells it of course, but most cars have a 'cancel ACC' function. But I can't fid any way to cancel the speed hold - pushing the toggle in would seem logical but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone spotted a way to do it?? Thanks.

I've read the manual and searched the forums.

Hi, I use ACC a lot and like it.

Obviously it is set to the current speed by pushing the steering wheel symbol on the steering wheel.
The previous set sped can be resumed by pushing the LH toggle up when not active.
When active speed + - 5 is via toggle up / down, follow distance by toggle L-R

My question is how to cancel ACC temporarily - Imagine ACC set to 40 but there's an island ahead, so I want to cancel ACC speed and slow down naturally a few hundred m before the island. I'l lthen toggle up to resume ACC 40 mph again after the island.

Tapping the brake cancells it of course, but most cars have a 'cancel ACC' function. But I can't fid any way to cancel the speed hold - pushing the toggle in would seem logical but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone spotted a way to do it?? Thanks.

I've read the manual and searched the forums.
Page 202 of the manual:

“Adaptive Cruise Pause/Standby When the adaptive cruise control system is active, short press the pilot switch to cancel the function, and the adaptive cruise control system will exit to the Standby state.”

Attachments

• IMG_6057.png
    IMG_6057.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6058.png
    IMG_6058.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6059.png
    IMG_6059.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 93
...as an alternative press the left thumb switch downwards to toggle down by 5mph per go. Easy to knock 10 or 15 miles off the ACC speed and then toggle it back up when you get past the island

ACC can be a bit screwy on islands/roundabouts ... lack of vehicle ahead (because it has turned out of "sight") makes the car want to accelerate, whilst turning the steering wheel makes it want to slow down, so you can end up with the car yo-yo-ing round the island. :)

That's why switching to standby usually makes sense.

I will often shorten the distance follow to one green bar (use the left pilot toggle left/ right to adjust) when behind slow moving traffic, helps to stops other drivers trying to cut in front of you! and makes it easier for your car to follow the vehicle ahead round roundabouts without pausing the ACC

All good ideas. I tried cancelling ACC by pushing the wheel button when at an ACC held speed, it works of course. The speed reduces. The toggle-up button then re-activates it at the previously set speed, the symbol goes green for speed-capture mode. Perfect.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back