Qi charging mat broke two of my cards

Abaker Mk2

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just an advisary really, I placed my shell charge card and my works access card on the Qi charging mat on two separate occasions and they both failed to respond to after that. They were both the contactless type (Not magnetic strip). I didn't realise that was a thing but apparantly it is.

Just an advisary really, I placed my shell charge card and my works access card on the Qi charging mat on two separate occasions and they both failed to respond to after that. They were both the contactless type (Not magnetic strip). I didn't realise that was a thing but apparantly it is.
It's not a real surprise I was thinking the other day if it was strong enough to wipe cassette tapes I suppose there should be a warning on it

It's a shame it doesn't have an on/off switch like the Prius one did.
Does the Gen 2 ZS have a card slot in the dash near the drivers right knee ?

Maybe it's time to pull the fuse as I find the charging speed is poor anyway, if I want a decent charge i'll use the cable.

No we don't have a card holder unfortunately.

Maybe it's time to pull the fuse as I find the charging speed is poor anyway, if I want a decent charge i'll use the cable.

No we don't have a card holder unfortunately.
Time to get the angle grinder out. 😊

Does the Gen 2 ZS have a card slot in the dash near the drivers right knee ?
No it has been deleted on the ( Gen2 ) model.
In its place, is what looks like a small speaker grill.
It has been suggested it is used to house an internal temperature sensor ( at the rear ) to monitor the cabin temperature for the climate control system, which makes sense.
If I am using a single card to pay at a drive through.
I will pull down the drivers sun visor, on the back of the visor there is thin strap that can be used to quickly store a plastic card in hurry.
Handy if you are in hurry.

No it has been deleted on the ( Gen2 ) model.
In its place, is what looks like a small speaker grill.
It has been suggested it is used to house an internal temperature sensor ( at the rear ) to monitor the cabin temperature for the climate control system, which makes sense.
If I am using a single card to pay at a drive through.
I will pull down the drivers sun visor, on the back of the visor there is thin strap that can be used to quickly store a plastic card in hurry.
Handy if you are in hurry.
Speaking of which, just a bit off topic but the area below the cup holders and gear selector, is that all hollow space? I guess it would have been the Zs ice’s gearbox there. If so I want to reclaim it somehow?

Speaking of which, just a bit off topic but the area below the cup holders and gear selector, is that all hollow space? I guess it would have been the Zs ice’s gearbox there. If so I want to reclaim it somehow?
Not 100% sure if the area you are referring too, but usually on FWD ICE models the gearbox bolted to the side of the engine and therefore under the bonnet.
Just the gear selector cables to the stick really where the rotary control is housed for the EV model.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom