QR code not displaying

Gajah

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I upgraded my mobile phone and unbound the previous mobile. When I went to bind the new phone, the QR code was not displayed.

1. What is the "Time error" message?
2. Where do I "check and reset"?
3. How do I get the infotainment screen to display the QR code?

I sent a request to MG Australia and have not received a reply. Thanking you in anticipation.
1710386877361.jpeg

1710386921552.jpeg

And as has also been explained many times ... your car IS NOT bound to your phone/tablet; it is bound to your ACCOUNT. So if you get a new device, simply login to iSmart on that new device using the exact same login details you have always used. No need to do anything in the car whatsoever. :)

And as has also been explained many times ... your car IS NOT bound to your phone/tablet; it is bound to your ACCOUNT. So if you get a new device, simply login to iSmart on that new device using the exact same login details you have always used. No need to do anything in the car whatsoever. :)
This is from my iSmart app asking that I bind the car. I have been to the dealer last Friday, and they were unable to connect. Booked in again next Friday, and they will have another go.
1710714602911.jpeg

Yeah, you shouldn't have done the unbind on the old one!
All you had to do was sign in to the app on the new phone and you were all good.
Unbinding is for when you sell the car and need to take it off your login.

I'm guessing the clock isn't set to the correct time in the car. Having the exact time is an important part of the security when binding. Maybe let it sit for a couple of minutes outside to make sure the GPS has picked up the time from the satellites.

I might be wrong but as you unbound yourself from your cars account the login details will have been blocked so they can't be used again.
Have you tried starting from scratch? If you used your phone number the first time use your email address and visa versa together with a new password.

Yeah, you shouldn't have done the unbind on the old one!
All you had to do was sign in to the app on the new phone and you were all good.
Unbinding is for when you sell the car and need to take it off your login.

I'm guessing the clock isn't set to the correct time in the car. Having the exact time is an important part of the security when binding. Maybe let it sit for a couple of minutes outside to make sure the GPS has picked up the time from the satellites.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Hopefully this advice will help others when they update the mobile phones. Thanks.

I tried that at home, and again at the dealers last Friday. Even changed my password. No go.
Bugger. Yes, at this point you'll probably need the dealer to factory reset the car.
I assume they can do that with it plugged into the service software.

I know there is a factory reset menu deep within the engineering menus, but you need multiple passwords to get to that.

I will leave that up to the dealer to do this Friday. I don't know if I would pay for an iSmart subscription.
In the UK the dealer's can't reset the account themselves. They might contact MG customer services on your behalf or tell you to do it. Why not try contacting them as everything else has failed?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back