Quality car mats for the HS PHEV

PedroPhev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I’m 3 weeks into HS PHEV ownership and deeply impressed. It came without car mats so I searched for high quality ones without success (the PHEV is a relatively new model and the floor pan is unique I believe). Undeterred I contacted an established car mat manufacturer “Unique car mats UK Ltd” in Skegness who sent me the paper templates for the standard HS car mats. I spent a good few hours extensively modifying them until they were a perfect fit for the PHEV, they trusted my templates and made a bespoke set for me in the highest quality black pile, red leather bound, stain guard treated, supplied with floor fixings, and with a lifetime guarantee. The finished mats were a perfect fit and looked and felt superb. (I’ve spoken with Stuart our forum administrator and as we have no marketplace on the forum he is happy to allow commercial recommendations). So, they are the “PLATINUM” grade mats, they’re not cheap at over £100 (I paid more as I essentially had a bespoke set made), but this really is a case of you get what you pay for. I’d fully recommend these to anyone whose looking for quality car mats, they’re not listed on the website but the proven templates now exist and my point of contact was Jack Hill who was extremely helpful and happy to be the point of contact for any other owners that may be interested: [email protected]
Feel free to contact Jack who is awaiting any enquiries and will be happy to help you.

I agree, having been in contact with the same Company between May and July 2022, sending patterns and templates back and forth. I could not understand why the templates they sent me were still not fitting the car correctly. After some investigation a their end the problem was finally solved as in the reply to me:
"Brilliant thank you very much, there seemed to be an issue with the templates which was causing problems and we couldn't locate this so sadly we had to have an engineer come out to look at the machine as this was causing mistakes when we were cutting out the templates. This has now been rectified so I apologise for the delay there and I double checked all of the templates against yours so this was exact and fingers crossed this will be absolutely perfect and we can get this all resolved for you.
I have taken a look at the supplied pictures and they are beautiful cars and you have done a fantastic job restoring that.
"
My Reply:
"Hi Ellie.
The set I need is the rubber with red edging, Please bear in mind the additional hours I have spent having to correcting the errors of your template machine time and time again. Re-measuring and double checking what I knew was correct but wrong on the templates you were returning to me. Also the cost of returning the templates to you. And please remember that the original set of templates which was supposed to be for my model did not actually fit my model.
Personally, I think you should be paying me for helping you in correcting your product, but, hey I am a nice guy who just want’s things to be right."

Mine too are black with red edge stitching. They are a perfect fit so I do not know why they required new templates when my end result in July 22 was already a perfect fit!!

I have a boot mat made by these people CarMats.co.uk: they do floor matts as well, I was impressed with the quality and level of customer service. They do mats for all budget points as well. I went with the official MG Mats for the cabin, these are expensive in my eyes and are branded with MG HS I am sure you will get better value for money from both these companies.

Paul

Another good mat to get is the MG Boot lip protector.
This folds out and over the rear bumper when the boot is open. I had it put on at new and the back bumper is still as new. Thats where a lot of scratches happen taking things in and out of the boot. My phev came with all MG floor mats already in it. The dealer said they like to put them in from new :)

Another good mat to get is the MG Boot lip protector.
This folds out and over the rear bumper when the boot is open. I had it put on at new and the back bumper is still as new. Thats where a lot of scratches happen taking things in and out of the boot. My phev came with all MG floor mats already in it. The dealer said they like to put them in from new :)
Where did you get it from?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom